Premed 101 Forums

cGPA from multiple schools?

hey all,

i graduated with my degree from one university. i will be obtaining a speciality certificate from another university different than the one i got my degree from.

does the gpa i get from the speciality certificate affect my gpa for my degree? so, i guess what i'm trying to get at is, are cpgas calculated from all courses that you have taken (including ones from different institutions)?

thanks guys!

hey all,

i graduated with my degree from one university. i will be obtaining a speciality certificate from another university different than the one i got my degree from.

does the gpa i get from the speciality certificate affect my gpa for my degree? so, i guess what i'm trying to get at is, are cpgas calculated from all courses that you have taken (including ones from different institutions)?

thanks guys!

For those that use cGPA then all courses would be included. That being said, what exactly did you have to do to get that speciality certificate? Was it just a bunch of university courses?

thanks for your reply.

i graduated with my BSN and will be obtaining my emergency/crit care specialities.

so only certain schools use the CPGA format? which ones do? i downloaded the amfc pdf but can't seem to find any info on it.

Complex question :) In Ontario in principle only Mac does completely. Nosm takes your cGPA but only from your current degree, Queens but also has a last 2 years policy, Ottawa has a wGPA, Toronto does cGPA but has a drop a course policy so it isn't true "cGPA" and Western has best two years.

Check out the OMSAS guide for Ontario schools, and individual websites for the the appropriate schools elsewhere in the country :)

Complex question :) In Ontario in principle only Mac does completely. Nosm takes your cGPA but only from your current degree, Queens but also has a last 2 years policy, Ottawa has a wGPA, Toronto does cGPA but has a drop a course policy so it isn't true "cGPA" and Western has best two years.

Check out the OMSAS guide for Ontario schools, and individual websites for the the appropriate schools elsewhere in the country :)

To add onto what rmorelan's posted:

Some ON schools are really picky about university certificates and BEd programs. Check this out:

http://www.medicine.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/undergraduate_degree.html

I have this weird feeling that Mac might accept your courses though.

Archived