Premed 101 Forums

Advice for switching to dent

I'm currently in pharmacy school (just finished 1st year) and i want to switch to dentistry.

I don't think my gpa is high enough for canadian school (only 80% overall at ubc and 81% with worst year dropped), however i plan on raising that to maybe 82-83% during second year pharmacy.

I have converted my % grade to 4.0 GPA scale using OMSAS and it comes to around 3.46 (which i plan on bringing up to 3.53).

Can anyone give me advice and.or recommendations on which dental schools i have a shot at (US and canadian) if i score 20-22 on the dat?

thanks

Theres always hope! My average was 82% which was converted through aadsas to 3.52 and my dat scores were carving 19, bio 17, chem 19, reading comp 20 and perceptual 19. From what I hear from other people, my marks aren't very good in comparison, but, I managed to get an interview at UBC, Western, and Indiana University and actually got into Indiana U. This was my second year of applying though (if that makes any difference), but hey, if you don't apply, you definetly won't get in! If you really want it, its possible!

Good luck!

Archived