Premed 101 Forums

Bachelor of Arts

My school's "College of Arts and Sciences" only offers A.B. degrees. So although I'm majoring in chemistry, I'll be getting an A.B. degree when I graduate. I know that this doesn't make a difference in the US, but will it harm my Canadian med school chances?

My school's "College of Arts and Sciences" only offers A.B. degrees. So although I'm majoring in chemistry, I'll be getting an A.B. degree when I graduate. I know that this doesn't make a difference in the US, but will it harm my Canadian med school chances?

You can have an undergrad degree in - fill -in -the -blanks. As long as you get the needed pre-reqs (and a great GPA/MCAT score), you are on your way ;)

I was taking a B.A. degree as well, also got multiple interviews and got in.

Just a quick question here, so if one does their B.A per say, the individual will have to take the required Physics, Chemistry and Bio as electives towards their degree in order to fulfill the requirements for Med School?

Just a quick question here, so if one does their B.A per say, the individual will have to take the required Physics, Chemistry and Bio as electives towards their degree in order to fulfill the requirements for Med School?

Yeah, so you might have to take some summer or post-degree courses.

Depends on your university and degree program. Not a problem at my school, as it's really flexible about crossing over into different faculties (except engineering haha! I had to sneak into those ones for fun).

So, like Joch said, you might have to (or might choose to) take them on a summer or post-degree basis.

Good luck :)

Archived