Premed 101 Forums

An alternate career choice--guidance please

I was hoping someone could give me direction as to where I'd begin looking.

This isn't a backup to medicine as I'm starting to think I want this more than I want to be a doctor. I'd love to think I have the stats (3.9, 34R) and interpersonal skills to get in at some point should I really want it, so that's not really my concern.

It really came to me in a 3 hour conversation I had with a good friend at the shisha bar tonight. I'm incredibly fascinated with non-prescription drugs (illicit drugs if you'd like to call them that--hallucinogens and so on). Not using them really, just everything about them--the pharmacology, the social stigma, and everything else. Enough to make a career out of it--doing research and teaching at an institution. The only things I'm ever truly interested in reading are about them.

I'm basically looking for guidance in terms of looking into schools and programs. If I'm going to go for it, I want to go big or go home. I'd want to get a masters and pHD from some strong schools. I was hoping someone could direct me to Canadian and American schools with strong post-degree pharmacology programs and anything else I'd need to fully research this. Or some words of warning should you have some [informed] opinions

Kind of a weird place to ask, but I don't know where else I'd turn I guess.

Thanks team

The U of Washington has a prof that did some pretty cool research on marijuana/THC. Not exactly a hallucinogen but sweet nonetheless. I forget his name. If I remember to search it later on I will.

Is WashU grad as hard to get into as WashU med?

PS <3 Law

Archived