Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted and OSAP

Hi,

I'm waitlisted for UofT dentistry and I am not sure if I will get in (I was originally #20 on the waitlist.) I have no money in my bank account and I have no family that can help me pay through my education. So I need OSAP and LOC.

I was wondering if I can apply for OSAP even though I'm waitlisted and unsure if I can get in. If not, can I apply in the end of August (I think that's when I will find out about my admission for sure) and defer my tuition payment? I have no $30,000 in my pocket right now.

Thank you guys,

Hi,

I'm waitlisted for UofT dentistry and I am not sure if I will get in (I was originally #20 on the waitlist.) I have no money in my bank account and I have no family that can help me pay through my education. So I need OSAP and LOC.

I was wondering if I can apply for OSAP even though I'm waitlisted and unsure if I can get in. If not, can I apply in the end of August (I think that's when I will find out about my admission for sure) and defer my tuition payment? I have no $30,000 in my pocket right now.

Thank you guys,

You can apply now or later for sure (you update your student number when you get it), but it would be up to the school to let you deferr it - . I would REALLY surprised if the wouldn't let you do that though, its pretty common :)

You should apply for OSAP when you get your acceptance.

Paying for first tuition and deposits might be a little problem if you don't have enough cash right now,

However, getting a LOC does not take long.

And even if there are problem, you can talk to financial aid department at the school to arrange a reschedule of your tuition payment.

Archived