Premed 101 Forums

Phys 111

I'm choosing my first year courses right now, and someone told me that I needed math 127 to actually do phys 111. Is this true?

Ahhh which school are we talking about :) If it is Waterloo that is incorrect, you don't need calculus. More math can always help of course......

as an aside, i think math 127 is a decent option for a course.

personally, i wouldn't look for bird courses per se. consider also the possibility of earning 85+ in the course. Sometimes, jerkoff profs just won't give high grades. othertimes profs fairly reward work and study. i think math 127 is one of those courses where, if you put in the work, you'll get a 90. i had a friend who went into the final exam with 100+% because of assignments and bonus marks (haha) and he only had to score like an 80 to end up with a 90 in the course. it could have been highly prof-dependent, but we know that this course allows for that type of thing.

as an aside, i think math 127 is a decent option for a course.

personally, i wouldn't look for bird courses per se. consider also the possibility of earning 85+ in the course. Sometimes, jerkoff profs just won't give high grades. othertimes profs fairly reward work and study. i think math 127 is one of those courses where, if you put in the work, you'll get a 90. i had a friend who went into the final exam with 100+% because of assignments and bonus marks (haha) and he only had to score like an 80 to end up with a 90 in the course. it could have been highly prof-dependent, but we know that this course allows for that type of thing.

I would agree with that - Math 127 is my highest mark at waterloo thanks to some bonus marks at the end. You have to work at it, but there is a reward for that work :)

Archived