Premed 101 Forums

unsure to apply/register on omsas

hey all, i still haven't decided yet if i am going to be applying this cycle (as im goin into 3rd year), i'll probably wait until i write my MCAT to see whether or not i will go ahead with it.

my question is then, is there any risk in setting up an OMSAS account right now (to familiarize myself with it and start filling it in) and not applying in the end? im just not 100% sure how the whole omsas thing works and i figure if i can at least get a feel for the application it will be helpful!

hey all, i still haven't decided yet if i am going to be applying this cycle (as im goin into 3rd year), i'll probably wait until i write my MCAT to see whether or not i will go ahead with it.

my question is then, is there any risk in setting up an OMSAS account right now (to familiarize myself with it and start filling it in) and not applying in the end? im just not 100% sure how the whole omsas thing works and i figure if i can at least get a feel for the application it will be helpful!

No risk at all. Unsubmitted applications don't count and you only lose the time you spend working on it :)

No risk at all. Unsubmitted applications don't count and you only lose the time you spend working on it :)

Yup. And in fact, it will help prepare you for the "real deal"--you can practice the questions and organize all your information.

Just beware: if you click submit you will have to pay up!

my question is then, is there any risk in setting up an OMSAS account right now (to familiarize myself with it and start filling it in)...

No risk, but why not just focus on your MCAT for now?

I didn't start my OMSAS until Sept.

Contacting verifiers earlier is a good idea--I found it a pain to track them all down. Other than that, though, I'd just focus on the MCAT and worry about the rest later.

yeah i wont be filling anything out at the moment, my life is all mcat! after aug 5th i will start thinking about contacting verifiers, etc...thanks for the info

I feel your pain as I'm in the same situation - darn MCAT ;)

Either way, it's good to get comfortable with OMSAS and all its requirements. It'll save you loads of time this or next year.

Good luck!

:)

Hey,

Just so you know, if you are planning to apply to OOP schools, their deadline are kinda all over the place so it'd a good idea to at least make a note of when to start application for each school. (last year UBC's was at the beginning of September when I started application, so I had to give up even before applying)

Good luck on MCAT!!

Archived