Premed 101 Forums

World travel - sketch?

Do you think it would be appropriate to include extensive travel in the OMSAS sketch? I have been to many countries throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Czech Republic) as well as the Middle East. Most of this was with family and I didn't do any type of volunteer work, but travel and "internationalism" is a huge interest of mine/something I feel is important. If you were to include it, how would you do so? Under extracurricular? Other?

Thanks!

Do you think it would be appropriate to include extensive travel in the OMSAS sketch? I have been to many countries throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Germany, Czech Republic) as well as the Middle East. Most of this was with family and I didn't do any type of volunteer work, but travel and "internationalism" is a huge interest of mine/something I feel is important. If you were to include it, how would you do so? Under extracurricular? Other?

Thanks!

OMSAS does state that hobbies can be part of your sketch, so if travelling is one of your hobbies, go for it. Just dont go overboard with filling your sketch with it.

Archived