Premed 101 Forums

canadian DAT questions

Hello,

I have seen a table for the american DAT on their site that shows scores from 1-30 with the corresponding percentiles for each section but I have yet to find one for the canadian DAT. Is there such a curve and if so, could anyone provide me with a link? If not, then are the canadian DAT scores approximately on the same curve as the american one? i.e. RC score of 18 or lower corresponds to approximately 40.2%? And are these percentiles pretty constant each administration or do they vary much from one test to another?

thanks!

For the Canadian DAT, you don't get the corresponding percentiles until you receive your score in the mail. Also, the curve for the Canadian DAT is dependent on the people who write it at the same time as you (i.e. either Feb or Nov). For the American DAT, you can write it on almost any day of the year, so their corresponding percentiles are predetermined. I have no idea how the percentiles are determined for the American DAT.

I don't have my DAT scores on hand at the moment, but I'll definitely check the percentiles for you and post a reply later :)

So I checked some of the percentiles for the Canadian DAT and 18 in RC was 22% in one of them, 33% in another, and 48% in another one. It really depends on how everyone else performed on the exam, whereas the American DAT percentiles are predetermined.

Thanks so much for your help stresso!

wow that's a huge difference though...I was just worried that I may not be able to meet UWO's cut-off. is there any other school that looks specifically at RC score like UWO???

i really hope it's easier than the VR on the MCAT...

Archived