Premed 101 Forums

Dress Code

Hey, I was just wondering what the dress code is for med students at the U of S. I know some schools don't allows jeans even during class. Also, how often do you have to dress "professionally", as in how often do you deal with patients? And when you dress up, is it dress shirt, pants, shoes, tie, or do you wear a suit. Thanks!

Hello,

There's no dress code for during classes and everyone usually keeps it pretty casual (i.e. jeans and t-shirts). You will be expected to dress professionally whenever you see patients, which will be once a week during first year and everyday during second and third year. As far as what counts for professional, most of the guys in my year wear dress pants and a collared shirt when seeing patients. Ties are optional, although you may want to avoid wearing one in second and third year when you're seeing patients in the hospitals (as compared to the volunteer patients you see outside of the hospital during first year) due to concerns over disease transmission. Suit jackets are definitely not necessary for seeing patients.

I assume you're starting Med I at U of S this August?

Hello,

There's no dress code for during classes and everyone usually keeps it pretty casual (i.e. jeans and t-shirts). You will be expected to dress professionally whenever you see patients, which will be once a week during first year and everyday during second and third year. As far as what counts for professional, most of the guys in my year wear dress pants and a collared shirt when seeing patients. Ties are optional, although you may want to avoid wearing one in second and third year when you're seeing patients in the hospitals (as compared to the volunteer patients you see outside of the hospital during first year) due to concerns over disease transmission. Suit jackets are definitely not necessary for seeing patients.

I assume you're starting Med I at U of S this August?

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective

comparatif simulation taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la prise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.comparatif simulation taux pret auto

Archived