Premed 101 Forums

premed club

I went to a small undergrad school and there wasn't anything like this, especially in the pre-med club where we all helped each other out. I would hope that any of your 'friends' in this club would do the same. I mean what would they say? "Oh yes, DOC Ma is a pre med but failed at the pre med club"

Awwww I hate hear of things like this happening.

f_d, the clubs exist. the one at my school brought in physicians to chat about being a doctor as well as admissions people to talk about the deathly admissions process

I just used the president of the club in my case. Worked for me :)

Did you know him from a persional level? or Just emailed him for it?

Btw to the other 2 posts, I am including this because all my friends that are med students now used that from waterloo, and see waterloo people include it.

I went to a small undergrad school and there wasn't anything like this, especially in the pre-med club where we all helped each other out. I would hope that any of your 'friends' in this club would do the same. I mean what would they say? "Oh yes, DOC Ma is a pre med but failed at the pre med club"

Awwww I hate hear of things like this happening.

f_d, the clubs exist. the one at my school brought in physicians to chat about being a doctor as well as admissions people to talk about the deathly admissions process

Lol problem is those people at the premed club aren't my friends. My friends aren

t in the club really. And no, not that they would say I failed at the club, they might say he is lying that he is not from the club blah blah blah even tho attended a few meetings and seminars a year :) and paid my membership fee ($2 per year :))

Lol problem is those people at the premed club aren't my friends. My friends aren

t in the club really. And no, not that they would say I failed at the club, they might say he is lying that he is not from the club blah blah blah even tho attended a few meetings and seminars a year :) and paid my membership fee ($2 per year :))

You are at Waterloo right? They have a master role call of all members for each year (or at least they did during my year). They used that to confirm back in time the full extent of my membership.

You are at Waterloo right? They have a master role call of all members for each year (or at least they did during my year). They used that to confirm back in time the full extent of my membership.

yep I am from waterloo and they still have that master list of email address, thats the only proof I got there as well. Good I ll do what you did then

hahaha gotcha! What about a faculty supervisor for the club? I know at Western you need a faculty member to actually become a club. can they help you out? what about one of your actual friends who knows you're in the pre med club and can vouch for ya?

good luck!!! finding verifiers suuuucks

:) thnx, nope I dont think our clubs need faculties to be part of them. Last resort would be a friend ofc, but I might try the president of the club first. True finding verifiers sucks so bad, but this is my last one I need to worry about :)

I despise these clubs so much. The only people really benefiting from it are the club execs... :mad:

Waterloo's was pretty good I thought - good review of the options (a condensed review of the premed forum almost), MCAT reviews/practice, tours of the hospital, guest doctor speakers, help with course selection. Not bad for 2 dollars :)

Doc_Ma:

Remember to pay your new membership fee for this upcoming year though too, as I'm sure you putting on your club involvement to the present?

(Maybe I'll see you on Club's Day, hehe!)

The UW pre-med club $2 membership runs from Sept-April, as far as I recall. So, if you want it on your application for this next academic year, pay your membership in Sept.

Last summer, I had just emailed the general membership email address. They said to put down that email address and they would verifiy it no problem (assuming you are a paid member, of course!).

Good luck with your application! See you in class! :)

Haly

lol there was a premed club in my Cegep and i was a part of it but I do not remember the names or the contact info of those who ran it.. so I might just put the name of a friend of mine who was in the club with me as the verifier.

that's probably perfectly fine - the "strength" of the verifier should be reasonable close to the "value" of the EC, and for simple club attendance really there isn't that much to confirm :)

Exactly... For example, I've put in my autobio sketch that during the summer 1 year ago I took boxing lessons for 4 months. The person who gave the boxing lessons is an ex-boxer and also my best friend. He was my coach for those 4 months and I'm going to put him as the verifier. Because the value of this EC isn't incredibly high, I do not think they will mind the fact that the verifier is a friend of mine. In any case, they have no real way of finding out we are good friends as he lives in a different city and goes to a different university, and studies in engineering lol.

Archived