Premed 101 Forums

INTERVIEWS RECENTLY?

Guest jj

Guest Waiting

So, at this stage, for those of us still waiting to hear from UofT, should we assume that:

1) They've finished reviewing the last batch of the applications

2) EMAIL notification = GOOD

3) MAIL notification = BAD

???

This is not good. Personally, I would prefer the bad news to be delivered to me suddenly (that is, quick jolt of seeing rejection letter), rather than having it drag on and seeing the days tick away as the final interview weekend draws near.

I've got a pretty basic question about the UofToronto process when it comes to reviewing the applications. How is it that they can make "rolling" interview offers/rejections? I mean, don't they have to first review ALL the applications in a given batch, tabulate the results (i.e. rank), and then send out offers/rejections all together at once? Or is it that they reject the "low-end" applications right away, offer interviews to those really strong applications, and hang onto the "middling" ones?

And oh yeah -- what's the latest date by which, if we don't hear from UofT (either interview notice or rejection), we should just assume that a rejection letter's on its way? And do any of you know of instances where interview notices got lost in the mail, or where someone's application got missed altogether?

Guest aneliz

I received an invite last Tues (Apr 23) by e-mail. It is my understanding, from various somewhat reliable sources of information, that this is how the Toronto interview scene is shaping up:

- ALL interview invites will be made by e-mail at this point. A copy of the letter will also be mailed to you. So, if you get an e-mail from Bill Gregg you are golden, if you get unannounced mail it is bad news.

- The final interview weekend is May 10-13. They have added May 11 and May 12 to the schedule which were NOT originally supposed to be interview days but this weekend will be it.

- Apparently interview invites may come until a few days before May 10. So don't give up yet. I assume that as people that have been invited decline interviews or fail to confirm them, more people will be invited to fill in the holes.

All of the above information is unverified and was gathered from various different people (some of which had talked to the admissions office.) Most of it is second hand so I wouldn't take it as "Big T truth". Call the admissions office if you want the definite, for real story. Good luck to those still waiting.

Guest Hmmm

Hmm........ I wonder if they manage to mail out all the rejection letters before the final interview weekend. You're right: it is kind of a nasty fate to go through the "slow death" process of having the # of days before the last interview chance dwindle down.

AAAAAAARG!!!

Archived