Premed 101 Forums

Deferral to finish graduate work

gryph

Does anyone have any experience in getting a deferral to finish graduate work? Seems like Toronto is very much against this, but it might be possible at Queen's and Mac? (This based on their websites/OMSAS PDF -- I'm looking for personal experiences to back it up).

Does anyone have any experience in getting a deferral to finish graduate work? Seems like Toronto is very much against this, but it might be possible at Queen's and Mac? (This based on their websites/OMSAS PDF -- I'm looking for personal experiences to back it up).

I thought pretty much the only reason people are allowed deferrals are for academic reasons.. i.e. finishing a masters.

I personally know that 7 people at Memorial applied for them (4 of which I know are grad students, the other 3 i don't know who they are), and only 2 were granted (university policy) and both were so the students could finish graduate school

I think my wording might have been confusing... by personal experiences I meant I was looking to see if anyone has personally received a deferral to finish their graduate work, not if anyone has received one for to do some personal experience. I'm trying to find out how hard it is to get one, i.e. if the schools are saying it's possible but in reality it's only under extremely rare circumstances.

I think my wording might have been confusing... by personal experiences I meant I was looking to see if anyone has personally received a deferral to finish their graduate work, not if anyone has received one for to do some personal experience. I'm trying to find out how hard it is to get one, i.e. if the schools are saying it's possible but in reality it's only under extremely rare circumstances.

my answer didn't suit your criteria?

I have a friend who just got accepted into Queens and requested one and was granted the request. Wasn't too hard for him to do so at least at that school :)

Archived