Premed 101 Forums

Transcripts

I'm really confused, and was wondering is someone could help me.

Here is what I understand:

Ontario students have to fill out a transcript request form on OMSAS rather than requesting our university to send transcripts to OMSAS.

My questions:

Where do I find this request form?

Is it only available after I submit my application? If that is the case, will it be a problem if I don't submit my application until close to Oct. 1 deadline?

If I submit my application on September 30, then would there be a problem with OMSAS receiving my transcripts on time?

You tell me.

Applicants who have attended or are currently enrolled in an Ontario university MUST use this form. Applicants who have attended an Ontario college MAY use this form. There are two exceptions:

1. You cannot use this form to order transcripts from Royal Military College.

2. Requests for transcripts from the following divisions or programs at the University of Toronto must be made directly to that division: Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at OISE; Continuing Studies; Toronto School of Theology; and Woodsworth Pre-University Program.

just out of curiosity, what happens if i don't send out summer courses (courses that are not pre-requisites for med school let's say)? does a person get disqualified?
If they find out that you're withholding any information on your application, I wouldn't be surprised if you got disqualified. Why would you even bother to risk it?

just out of curiosity, what happens if i don't send out summer courses (courses that are not pre-requisites for med school let's say)? does a person get disqualified?

Other than that, also OMSAS will notice the courses are not there and add them.

Some schools do include summer courses in the GPA so OMSAS is particular about making sure all courses are included.

Archived