Premed 101 Forums

university of saskatchewan

big_al

hello,

i saw the crazy and long flowchart... gotta admit pretty comprehensive.

i wanted to see if anyone has some insight as to the chances of an ontarian getting into the saskatchewan medical school..

10 BS

9 PS

9 VR

R writing

3.68 GPA for all 4 years, but > 3.8 for final 2 years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance

thanks alot guys... any recommendations as to which schools I should apply out of the province??

I have applied to 5 diff schools here in ontario and many in the US, but I am really hoping to stay in CANADA :D

school in US = very poor canadian student

At the U of S, they take your best 2 years, but as others said, the cutoff last year for OOP was something like 92.4%. Once you get an interview though, your pretty much in if your an OOP as they usually go through the waiting list. This year, I believe they went through the list and ended up adding a few more IP spots since they didn't fill all the OOP spots.

At the U of S, they take your best 2 years, but as others said, the cutoff last year for OOP was something like 92.4%. Once you get an interview though, your pretty much in if your an OOP as they usually go through the waiting list. This year, I believe they went through the list and ended up adding a few more IP spots since they didn't fill all the OOP spots.

Well go figure, anyone with 92.4% best 2 years also has a good chance of getting into many of the other schools with special cutoffs especially if your best 2 years were in your last 2 years.

Out of curiosity, does USask ONLY look at your best 2 years? Or is it like Calgary where they look at your best 2 pre-interview and then use your cGPA after?

Well go figure, anyone with 92.4% best 2 years also has a good chance of getting into many of the other schools with special cutoffs especially if your best 2 years were in your last 2 years.

Out of curiosity, does USask ONLY look at your best 2 years? Or is it like Calgary where they look at your best 2 pre-interview and then use your cGPA after?

For OOP it is only your best 2 years. Once you hit the cut off you have a guaranteed interview which is then worth 100% of your score post interview. No MCAT, no sketch, no ref letters (well they exist but they are just flags really).

They do drop the lower 40% of the OOP though based on their interview scores. The historical odds of getting in then are 60% if you get an interview for OOP.

I am such a fan of that school :)

+1

You'd need a 4.0 GPA (literally) to get an interview, and that wouldn't even cut it unless your grade averages were above 92% for the 2 best years.

I got accepted with a with a 3.97 there for my best two years - just highlights the the GPA/average difference.

They do drop the lower 40% of the OOP though based on their interview scores. The historical odds of getting in then are 60% if you get an interview for OOP.

I am such a fan of that school :)

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention that. If you pass the interview than you'll more than likely get in as an OOP.

Archived