Premed 101 Forums

Physics: Is it really that important?

jpandher

hehehe so do I - I love physics I can actually see and interact with. Quantum physics is really cool but until they get that quantum computer up and running it is hard to relate too :)

I'm sad to say that I don't remember much of the information I learned 8yrs ago though, but I'm sure if I picked up the texts I could quickly relearn most of it.

Oh but modern physics IS used in everyday life! GPS tech would absolutely suck at finding your position without Einstein's time-dilation equations. And who can forget atomic power!

Classical physics actually breaks down quicker than you would think. Hence I find Newtonian physics lame.

Oh but modern physics IS used in everyday life! GPS tech would absolutely suck at finding your position without Einstein's time-dilation equations. And who can forget atomic power!

Classical physics actually breaks down quicker than you would think. Hence I find Newtonian physics lame.

"Lameness" has nothing to do with "funness".

As someone who did his undergrad in honours physics and math, physics is the most important science. It won't help you in med school. But it will help your analytical skills. I still use the skills I developed in my math and physics days (granted, I'm in a math heavy specialty in Community Med.)

Archived