Premed 101 Forums

Nov 4 --- Anyone?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from NB, and I got my notification of interview invite at 1137 (1037 EST). It seems that all invites went out within 1 minute of each other, based on what ppl are saying here. My stuff is listed as being recieved on Oct 27, and I submitted my app on Sept 27.

Remember that for OOP, a lot of weight is put on the supplemental part of your app. It says that somewhere on the Dal website, and this was recently addressed here on the forums. Because of that, it might be difficult to gauge from other ppl's stats where you stand.

Remember that for OOP, a lot of weight is put on the supplemental part of your app. It says that somewhere on the Dal website, and this was recently addressed here on the forums. Because of that, it might be difficult to gauge from other ppl's stats where you stand.

yeah, they say that, but looks like all 3.9+ OMSAS got interviews

bet you there is a high correlation with GPA and interview, even though they say after 3.7+ it's more supplemental

edit: wonder how my 3.85 will stand...

only 2 more hours till its 5:00 PM there in Halifax. hopefully they would have send something by then!

I imagine with the compressed time frame they were dealing with, most if not all of their resources were directed towards getting the interview e-mails out.

So while it would be wonderful if everyone else got some closure later today, I wouldn't count on it.

Haha, my last hope for dal, is that the demand exceeded the number of spots they had, and I was deferred until the final deadline or something of that nature. Now to wait till the end January/early Feb to see OMSAS interview results.

the date shown that they received my transcript and mcat score was Oct 22...not sure if that is just when it was inputted or maybe I did not make the early application pool?

Mine was Oct 28th for both.

Some people on here are even later and have already received interviews.

So unless they got way more early applicants than they were expecting I wouldn't get too hopeful.

Am I the only one who applied for early interview date but doesn't have the transcript and MCAT scores as received? I submitted my application late on October 15th, maybe they just decided to pool me with the other applicants? I really want to keep my hopes up :D, I'm in denial until I officially get some notification.

Just saw your post supafield.. so do you think it's possible I'm being considered for the later date since my stuff has not been received?

Am I the only one who applied for early interview date but doesn't have the transcript and MCAT scores as received? I submitted my application late on October 15th, maybe they just decided to pool me with the other applicants? I really want to keep my hopes up :D, I'm in denial until I officially get some notification.

Just saw your post supafield.. so do you think it's possible I'm being considered for the later date since my stuff has not been received?

I really don't know.....

most people around here seem to have a received date in the last week or so

I wouldn't assume too much until you get a rejetion letter... I mean, thats the courteous thing to do?

This is the first year they've done the early interview so there's no saying what the response is and how they are dealing with it (maybe they got a lot of really low balled applications and are holding out?)

In any case, its not over till the fat lady sings.

Archived