Premed 101 Forums

Nov 4 --- Anyone?

it's some-what rolling then.

they're going to run out of their 60 spots before they're done looking at all applicants... or as spots get limited the criteria for an invite get more stringent?

it's not like uoft. although uoft interviews many times, they still will interview you if you meet their criteria, regardless if they have already interviewed x amount of people (no cap).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind that everything I say with respect to the future is speculative, but by looking at Dal's admissions process in the past, it's pretty clear that they're open to rolling admissions. The year before last, the way it worked is they reviewed files in March, April, May and June. At the end of every month, they sent out acceptances. This meant that some people were being accepted before others had been reviewed. While I won't comment on the fairness of this method, I will say that it shows that Dal has used semi-rolling processes in the past, and that this may be similar to what is happening to OOP this year.

Again, what I say is speculative.

No. People were not looked at twice. If you didn't get offered an interview for the early and you're OOP and you're ELIGIBLE you will be considered for the later interview. We normally only interview about 60-65 candidates for OOP however this year they are interviewing about 20-25ish early and we MIGHT interview another 60-65 at the later interview because we aren't as limited by interview spaces as in previous years (although this remains to be seen).

We did used to have rolling admissions, several years ago letters were sent out at the end of each week and then they switched to the end of each month and now have moved to just a 1 day letter release. We won't be going back to rolling-admissions as far as I can tell, they've made strives to move away from it for a reason.

So, if you're OOP and you're still waiting don't read too much into it, applications weren't picked through except to get rid of ineligible applications so some applications were just not looked at yet.

I hope this helps, I know it's hard to relax when you're waiting for something so big, but my best advice for everyone is to do just that and RELAX!

Happy waiting!

Archived