Premed 101 Forums

Nov 4 --- Anyone?

u know....now that I think about it, the invites were sent out 10:38 AM or around there for most of the people who posted here and there have yet to be a confirmation of rejection emails.

If they sent out all the accepted invites then it would not have been too difficult to also send the rejection emails in the remaining time left in the day. They would have had a whole afternoon!

I'm guessing that we will see another wave of invites early tomorrow. Because its not that much more difficult to send the rejection emails after all selected have been emailed an interview invite.

Time will tell...keep the hope!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who applied for early interview date but doesn't have the transcript and MCAT scores as received? I submitted my application late on October 15th, maybe they just decided to pool me with the other applicants? I really want to keep my hopes up :D, I'm in denial until I officially get some notification.

Just saw your post supafield.. so do you think it's possible I'm being considered for the later date since my stuff has not been received?

I have yet have a "date received" for any of my transcripts or MCATs and did not get an email either way today. So lets hope that there they just didn't get to us yet and we will be getting a "good" email soon. With that in mind, who wants a cold one?

The same place you applied - dalonline. If you only just applied though, it will take a few days for your information to be entered. Also, it seems even some people who have applied for the early date haven't had their information entered, so don't panic if it isn't there yet!

I don't know if everything was sent out yet or not. I'm guessing they sent out all the invites at once though. But keep in mind there were limited spots for the early interview so even if you selected that you wanted to be interviewed early it's possible that they didn't "reject" you but rather just didn't get down that far in the pile. They will let you know if you didn't make the cut and they will also let you know if they just couldn't get to your file and that you will still be considered for the late interview.

I know as well as anyone how the hard the waiting can be, but hang in there, it's not over till it's over. Perseverance is key!

Good luck everyone!

Well I'm glad there to know there is someone else in my boat! Did you apply on October 15th as well - maybe they don't like us last minute people? lol..

I applied late in the evening on Oct 14th...My guess is that our applications have yet to be processed

well just got off the phone with Dalhouise. Here's what she said "If you haven't heard back about an interview invite with an email, you probably did not get one."

I told her that I applied for the earlier interview deadline and did not hear back anything.

That's too bad, thanks for checking though.

well just got off the phone with Dalhouise. Here's what she said "If you haven't heard back about an interview invite with an email, you probably did not get one."

I told her that I applied for the earlier interview deadline and did not hear back anything.

But did she say anything about who was considered and who wasnt?

For those of us whose data has yet be to entered, we still have hope, I think. I sent them an e-mail, maybe I'll try phoning them, but to me it seems like if your data wasn't entered, then your file has not been reviewed yet. This is just me speculating though..

It seems like a lot of us are assuming that they ran out of room and that they weren't able to get through all of the applicants before they ran into physical limitations. It's possible that they had room left over, and they simply didn't choose to interview everyone. They've been saying for a few years now that they're going to stop interviewing everyone who makes min cutoffs, maybe this year they finally did it.

I can assure you that they are filling all the spaces they have for this early interview. There were lots of well qualified applicants that applied for the early interview. But yes it is true that just because you meet the cut-offs doesn't mean you get an interview, this has been the case for the last couple of years now. But like I said before if you didn't get an interview, it might not mean you're rejected it might just mean that they ran out of space for the early interview. If that's the case they might still consider you for the regular interview, but they will let everyone know at some point. And if you didn't get an interview there will be a chance for you to find out what you need to do to better your application.

I have it on good authority though, that there are MANY people that apply every year that don't even meet the cut-offs. So, if you're one of those people you're not getting an interview.

Good luck everyone!

What are the cut-offs?

OOP is 3.7 and 30 MCAT with a max of one 9.... and the rest 10's.

Martimes = 3.3 and 24 MCAT with a max of one 7 and the rest 8's or above.

(about 2 years back, Dal used to interview every single person who made the maritimes cutoff, until they started getting so many people clearing the cutoff that they couldn't do it anymore.)

Fair enough. I have a 3.9something and 10/12/12S... didn't hear back despite indicating/applying for early int.

So either the cut-offs don't mean that much, or some of us may be considered later.

Are you a maritime applicant? If yes, with those numbers I would be shocked if you didn't get an interview unless you managed to mentioned how you enjoy cannibalism in your essay.

However if you're a Out of Martime applicant.... about 250-300 people make the OOM cutoff and the school only invites 50-60 of them to the interview. After making the cutoffs, they claim to place most of the weight on your supplemental app. So you could have a 4.0 and 40T and still not get an interview if you're supp. app. is subpar.

Yeah, for OOP at Dal, it's similar to Queen's (even though it's unofficial). You basically have to make 2 cuts pre-interview: One Academic, and One App Letter/ECs.

Queen's is automatic... if you make cutoffs you get interviewed.

Ottawa has cutoffs to get your supplementary portion reviewed and then you get an interview based on that ranking.

As far as I know everyone who is rejected has chance to find out where they need to improve, except people that were waitlisted, those people don't really have any specific thing that needs to be better it might just be a matter of who you're competing with. Although, in the case, everyone is able to improve your interview at the very least. A great interview sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.

To those people waiting to hear about interviews still, if I were you I'd wait to get the official thanks but no thanks or we'll review you for the later interview. This is the first and only year they are having an early interview and a late interview so it'll take them some time to get everything properly organized as to who's going where, etc.

As far as I know everyone who is rejected has chance to find out where they need to improve, except people that were waitlisted, those people don't really have any specific thing that needs to be better it might just be a matter of who you're competing with. Although, in the case, everyone is able to improve your interview at the very least. A great interview sets you apart from the rest of the crowd.

To those people waiting to hear about interviews still, if I were you I'd wait to get the official thanks but no thanks or we'll review you for the later interview. This is the first and only year they are having an early interview and a late interview so it'll take them some time to get everything properly organized as to who's going where, etc.

do OOP/OOM also get feedback? how do you get this feedback? phone call?

Archived