Premed 101 Forums

Nov 4 --- Anyone?

Hey everyone, so I finally got through to the admissions office, and received an e-mail from Tracy indicating that my file is eligible and it will be reviewed for February interviews. As has been said before, mistakes can be made and if you think something is wrong make sure you follow up on your application.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news Addy!

I'm still confused as to who gets passed on to the later interview after not receiving an early interview.

doc2b mentioned a few times that we'd hear one way or another.... and after mcclennan's post it sounded like there were a bunch of people who got pushed back to the next date...

It would be nice to know who....

Hey everyone, so I finally got through to the admissions office, and received an e-mail from Tracy indicating that my file is eligible and it will be reviewed for February interviews. As has been said before, mistakes can be made and if you think something is wrong make sure you follow up on your application.

Nice to hear Addy K!!!! I also called and got through on Monday. they had placed me into the non-Maritime pool when I should have been placed into the Maritime pool. I got an email stating that I would be receiving another email stating that I would be receiving an interview for the early MMI in Saint John...Still waiting on that official email though....Glad to hear the good news!!!

Nice to hear Addy K!!!! I also called and got through on Monday. they had placed me into the non-Maritime pool when I should have been placed into the Maritime pool. I got an email stating that I would be receiving another email stating that I would be receiving an interview for the early MMI in Saint John...Still waiting on that official email though....Glad to hear the good news!!!

*AG22 likes this* :)

They will let you know, I think it's mostly OOP people because there were quite a lot of OOP applicants that applied for the early interview as compared to the number of maritime applicants that applied for the early interview. Like we've said before only a limited number of interview spots were available in NB for the early interview and if you didn't get an invite and weren't told you were ineligible than likely you'll get something saying that they will review your file for the later interview. It's possible that people got the ineligible email and then got a retraction email as AddyK did regarding a possible mistake and those people would also be put into the pool to be considered for the later interview. I don't know if there are any more people in the same position as AddyK or not however.

I hope that helps.

Thanks doc2b.... as an OOP myself... and probably a borderline one at that... this is potentially good news.

I've tried to go into the OOP application process with absolutely no expectations due to the extreme competition involved, but even if it is a deferral, it would still be great to have a shot.

Thanks doc2b.... as an OOP myself... and probably a borderline one at that... this is potentially good news.

I've tried to go into the OOP application process with absolutely no expectations due to the extreme competition involved, but even if it is a deferral, it would still be great to have a shot.

so for those who got deferred to the later interview date would that mean the admissions people just never got a chance to get to their application? or does that mean they will get an interview invite for a later interview date?

Where else have you applied to? I didn't even bother applying for one of those 9spots. Lol.

It means that the admissions committee didn't get a chance to look at their applications. So, they MAY get an interview at the later interview they may not, it depends on what the adcom thinks of their supplemental section, etc. Usually Dal interviews approx. 60-65 OOP students per year. So, even people that meet the requirements may not get an interview but you'll find out more when interview notices are sent out for the later interviews.

Where else have you applied to? I didn't even bother applying for one of those 9spots. Lol.

Dal, NOSM, Queen's, Western and Ottawa.

I have a fairly odd academic background which determined my list.

I know it's a long shot with regard to Dal OOP, but I made the cutoffs and am a fairly strong writer when I put some effort into it...

My volunteering is fairly average though relative to all the superstars around here, so I just tried to frame my application in the best light possible, and will keep my fingers crossed.

9 spots but the watilist moves between 35-40

so it's not bad...

2 years ago the wait list moved around 30 spots. Last year it moved only 6 or 7 spots, I believe. I had 3 friends wait listed as 33, 34 and 36, hoping it'd move like it did the year before, but it never did :( Kind of funny how they got wait listed so close to one another.

Spoke with the office regarding whether I was done or still stood a chance, and was informed as an OOP (OOM) applicant that was eligible, it was quite likely that I was put into the regular admission process because of the number of early applications they received for only 25 OOP interview spots.

So as suggested by others in the know on this thread.... many eligible OOP's were pushed backed into the normal application pool.

All she said was there were over 200 OOM applicants for the early process alone and they had a little over 900 total applicants.

I asked how many OOM applicants there were in total, but they weren't certain yet.

I also didn't ask anything to the tune of how many total interviews there would be this year, but I imagine it'll be around 60 like usual.

Archived