Premed 101 Forums

Contacting employer

Does anyone know if med schools contact your current employer during the application process? I have been at my job for 2 years now and am applying next year to med school so during that application year, I don't plan on letting my employer know that I'm applying until I actually get in. Not unless the school calls them. Does anyone know when they're likely to call- before interview, after interview, after getting in?

Noone at my current employment is going to be my reference so I would think that unless it's my reference, there's no need to call- correct?

Does anyone know if med schools contact your current employer during the application process? I have been at my job for 2 years now and am applying next year to med school so during that application year, I don't plan on letting my employer know that I'm applying until I actually get in. Not unless the school calls them. Does anyone know when they're likely to call- before interview, after interview, after getting in?

Noone at my current employment is going to be my reference so I would think that unless it's my reference, there's no need to call- correct?

Who did you put as the verifier for the job? That is who they will call.

Archived