Premed 101 Forums

Did anyone ever get an interview with such a low gpa?

Thanks, f_d! I'm still shocked by the calculation, other universities calculated it much higher. I'm having a hard time believing that UofA will even grant me an interview with such a low gpa, whenever I read here I see that the unofficial cutoff is at ~3.7-3.8

Jochi, so what you're saying is that last year they gave you an interview but basically you never even stood a shot due to your gpa?!:confused:

I can only hope my app is really good, but there's no telling. I'm not very optimistic at the moment:(

Jochi, so what you're saying is that last year they gave you an interview but basically you never even stood a shot due to your gpa?!:confused:

I can only hope my app is really good, but there's no telling. I'm not very optimistic at the moment:(

Yeah, all my other scores were at or above the admitted average (that's May 15 admissions, not all people admitted). I'm sure if I had like a 45 MCAT instead of a 32, I would've most likely gotten in, but being just average wasn't enough with the 3.61.

UofA just calculated my cGPA, and it is much lower than I expected: 3.55. Does anybody know of anyone who ever got an interview with such a low gpa?

thanks

isnt the average accepted gpa 3.8? 3.55 doesn't sound that bad if your pretty strong in the other categories (as in above the average of those accepted so you can make up for the GPA. ......at least that is what i'm hoping for!)

PS - my gpa is less than yours.

Archived