Premed 101 Forums

2010 Interviews

nope, but on their site it says....

All Out-of-Province Applicants should have received an email on January 11, 2010 from the Admissions Office regarding referee letters (included with your letter for an offer to interview). If you did not receive an email, please contact the Admissions Office immediately at 789-3499.

I'm OOP and I just recieved an invitation for interview (email). Some info in the message for anyone who is curious:

-interview dates: Feb 27, Feb 28, Mar 6

-criminal record check and child abuse registry (self-declaration) forms required

-referee documents can be done electronically (sort of... doesn't sound like there's a webform, but it says the referee can email the documents)

-applicant confirmation required by Jan 29

-orientation on Feb 12 (which will also be webcast)

Congrats to everyone else to scored an interview. Looking forward to seeing you in a month or two! Now I just need to find a warm jacket...

congrats, can you post your stats?

My cGPA is 85% based on the UBC scale. Didn't calculate it using Manitoba's scale, but likely would have been near 90% (I had a few really ****ty marks in my third year) with the adjustment.

11V/12B/13P/S MCAT.

Congrats to everyone else who received an invite.

Am I missing something here?

Last year...accepted OOP applicants had AGPA's between 3.89 and 4.17 with a mean of 4.04 (on a 4.5 scale)

MCAT scores btw 11-12.9

And given the conversations I had with admission people...rual exp and whatnot does not even come into play till post interview when they have to start differentiating btw people. Even considering that...only 129 of 850 applicants with rual exp were interviewed.

http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/medicine/alumni/media/Statistics_Class_2013_for_web.pdf

The above fit will within these parameters, specifically Avery10 and sarahoco,....does anyone have an explanation as to why they were turned away?

Archived