Premed 101 Forums

OOP rally!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't wait until tomorrow! Mon jan 18th can't come soon enough! I'm thinking perhaps there'll be good news?? I'm going to maniacally keep checking my inbox. This is turning out to be quite the OCD. haha.

T-minus 24 hours. oy.

Same here if I get internet access.

Yes, 20th is the magical date. But knowing me, I'm going to hope for a miracle and be on the lookout on the 18th and the 19th.

That's a painful road you walk, my friend. Trust me, it's best to just anticipate that it's going to come on the day they said it was going to.

That's a painful road you walk, my friend. Trust me, it's best to just anticipate that it's going to come on the day they said it was going to.

Yeah, I know. You're right. My rational side also says to wait till the 20th. I'm going to make a supreme effort to let the chips fall where they may. Been reading a lot about mindfulness, so hey, maybe this is a good time to put it into action!

haha I was thinking the same thing but then also thought who am I kidding.... if they gave a single day to get to Halifax for the interview I'd still just feel lucky to have been invited. I'd jump in my car and drive over night.

If they then chose to poke me a pitchfork the entire time I interviewed while flicking a laser pointer in my eyes... I'd still sit there forcing a smile and giving my answers.

Medical schools admissions is quite the sellers market lol.

haha I was thinking the same thing but then also thought who am I kidding.... if they gave a single day to get to Halifax for the interview I'd still just feel lucky to have been invited. I'd jump in my car and drive over night.

If they then chose to poke me a pitchfork the entire time I interviewed while flicking a laser pointer in my eyes... I'd still sit there forcing a smile and giving my answers.

Medical schools admissions is quite the sellers market lol.

It's the sad truth for most of us

And it's also sad that the admissions people take advantage of that truth.

I wouldn't go as far to say that they're taking advantage of our desperation, rather they're not going to go extremely out of their way (ie: hiring more staff, constant webpage update, etc..) to cater to a group of students that makes up only 10% of their class and over 50% of their applications.

They'll do what is reasonable given the # of applicants and their available resources.

so... interview weekend is feb 13/14 according to the website - same for maritime and OOM?

That's what the admissions timeline page says.

I guess when you think of it... the time between the 22nd and the interview is still more time than the early interviewees had between their notification and interview.

Archived