Premed 101 Forums

OOP rally!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so... interview weekend is feb 13/14 according to the website - same for maritime and OOM?

Yes. Everyone is together. However there are 4 specific times (morning and afternoon on each day), and I remember last year there were proportionally more OOP in one of the groups.

admissions assigns you to "tracks", which just means that's the group you do your mmi w. they keep all the OOP interviewees on each day in the same track(s), separate from the Maritime students.

Really? I know for certain that at least 2 of the 11 people on my track for early interviews were OOP (BC and Toronto). I also know that there were enough OOPs there to fill a track of their own. I don't think that Dal splits the tracks up for OOP/IP, and I can't really see a reason for them to do that. Each applicant will be graded on the top 50%, top 5% whatever, and then those values will be compared within each given applicant pool.

Since a candidate will be evaluated the same way from one track to another, I can't think of a reason that Dal would split them up, and in my experience, I've seen that IP and OOP interview together.

I don't know if there's that much thought going into the interview tracks for Maritime vs. non-Maritime applicants. It certainly doesn't matter! Hopefully I'll be able to do some of the interviewing this year. :)

(And to Med 1s: you'll have a blast! Hosting the applicants and showing them around was so much fun.)

that was how it was set up on the day i interviewed...if i'm remembering correctly there was some sort of mix up and some of the OOPs had to switch into other tracks that they weren't originally assigned to...maybe it was a coincidence. Either way, i don't really think it makes a difference, just do your thing :)

I'm a retard for not applying in the "early decision" pool. Argh all the dumb mistakes I make.

well i asked for an early decision and didn't get one. according to previous posts, even if you asked for one, they didn't necessarily get to you just because of the volume of requests in a short period of time.

well i asked for an early decision and didn't get one. according to previous posts, even if you asked for one, they didn't necessarily get to you just because of the volume of requests in a short period of time.

same here. if anything, you've potentially saved yourself the trouble of waiting since november! lol

Just wondering, what "early decision" you guys talking about? Is it something related to early interview? Thanks.

We're talking about the early interview... If you applied before Oct 15th and checked off the early process.... you were supposed to be notified by Nov 4th for an interview Nov 21st if you were going to be invited.

While nearly every eligible maritimer got the call.... only a few OOP's were invited and by the sounds of it.... most of the OOP's weren't evaluated for the early interview because too many applied for it... meaning many were just deferred to the normal pool which we now are all sitting and waiting in.

Thank you for clarifying. Waiting is suck........

You know why waiting sucks? Because I can't concentrate on school-work! Well, more like, I don't WANT to concentrate on my thesis, my readings, my freaking mids, my ridiculous papers. I just want to know the verdict on all the schools I've applied to NOW. lol. Once that's over with, maybe I'll feel like I can get back into the zone for school. But likely not haha...I'll just stress over interviews.

aarrgghh...a;skljf vasln fval;kjioutnsg..... Someone shake me back to my senses...:(

You know why waiting sucks? Because I can't concentrate on school-work! Well, more like, I don't WANT to concentrate on my thesis, my readings, my freaking mids, my ridiculous papers. I just want to know the verdict on all the schools I've applied to NOW. lol. Once that's over with, maybe I'll feel like I can get back into the zone for school. But likely not haha...I'll just stress over interviews.

aarrgghh...a;skljf vasln fval;kjioutnsg..... Someone shake me back to my senses...:(

rofl, bud, if you think it's bad now, then it's going to be game over for you once the week of March 15th hits. Also, how do you plan to survive the week before May 15? lol. Trust me, it's best to just roll with the punches, recognize that worrying isn't going to do anything at all for you (and may in fact be more harmful than anything else). Just do your work, put it out of your mind, and wait for the email to show up.

rofl, bud, if you think it's bad now, then it's going to be game over for you once the week of March 15th hits. Also, how do you plan to survive the week before May 15? lol. Trust me, it's best to just roll with the punches, recognize that worrying isn't going to do anything at all for you (and may in fact be more harmful than anything else). Just do your work, put it out of your mind, and wait for the email to show up.

Hahah, thanks for that post w! It always sounds better when someone else says it! Dunno why.

For OOM's?

I'm pretty sure, yeah. Doc2B would know better, but I'm under the impression that your MCAT and GPA are considered AS WELL as the other parts of your app. For OOM it's just GPA and MCAT before interviews. I think that the MCAT is still more than just a cutoff for OOM pre-interview. Like I said though, Doc2B would know more.

MCAT is not a cut-off. What I heard for this year is that MCAT min is 24 (for IP), which translates to 0/10 for admissions score. For every point you get above 24, you get one point on your admissions score. Therefore, a score of 34 is the same as a score of 45.

For OOP, same thing applies, only the min is 30.

MCAT is not a cut-off. What I heard for this year is that MCAT min is 24 (for IP), which translates to 0/10 for admissions score. For every point you get above 24, you get one point on your admissions score. Therefore, a score of 34 is the same as a score of 45.

does that mean that a 40 = 45 for OOP? or is the minimum arbitrary with relation to the scoring format.

Shoot if that is the case then I am getting a 0/10 for the mcat part that's no good :(

Archived