Premed 101 Forums

ITERS and comments.

What final evaluation report are you referring to? Is your ITER the final evaluation for that rotation? Depending on what your evaluation says, your home program may or may not care.. I would start by adding your comments to the report if you feel it was inaccurate. Are you in a 2 year or 5 year program?

The ITER I'm referring to is the final evaluation for that rotation.

I'm assumng we get a FINAL (composite) evaluation after each year and at the end of residency? Do the comments from specific rotation ITERS make it to these final evaluations?

I'm in a five-year program. I'm trying not to make this a big deal since it is one evalutation, for an off-service rotation, in PGY-1. But it still doesn't feel good either way!

I know there is a FITER that is submitted to the Royal College at the end of residency, but I never got a composite evaluation after PGY-1 (granted, it was all off-service). Again, if the evaluation was inaccurate, I would take it up with the service that gave you the evaluation.. if it was justifiably poor, I would add comments that show how you have learned and will improve. If you are really worried, you could talk to your program.. but you have a long way to go and as far as I know the FITER reflects your competency at the end of training, not the blips early on (hopefully this is not a professionalism issue you are dealing with).

Archived