Premed 101 Forums

Hi,

I am looking for general advice about the MCCQE1 i.e. study materials, difficulty etc.

More poignantly (and hilariously!), I'd like to know if I should have a thin stream of feces running down my leg in regards to this exam? Or should I be lounging by my frozen over pool?

Cheers.

One's perception of difficulty is going to depend on their track record with standardized exams and their level of comfort with the material to date (as can be seen on clerkship exams). Personally, I would lean towards studying.. beside the pool.

Use whatever study material you like and are familiar with - a review book such as TO notes / that new book (can't remember the name), USMLE Step 2 material if you are writing it as well, and/or whatever you used to study for clerkship exams. Have a look at the objectives and make sure you are covering most of them (esp CLEO2).

MCCQE 1 is written towards the end of April/beginning of May in year 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am looking for general advice about the MCCQE1 i.e. study materials, difficulty etc.

More poignantly (and hilariously!), I'd like to know if I should have a thin stream of feces running down my leg in regards to this exam? Or should I be lounging by my frozen over pool?

Cheers.

Study by the pool with a cold BEvERage. Go over Toronto Notes (especially psyche,CLEO and obs), but realize that a lot of the information you'll wind up recalling during the exam will come from your clinical rotations. Write as early as you can so you have more time to relax before life changes on July 1st.

Write as early as you can so you have more time to relax before life changes on July 1st.

I think you forgot "for the better."

I've added it to correct your statement.

Write as early as you can so you have more time to relax before life changes on July 1st for the better .

It looks more reassuring this way. Thanks for the advice.

• 8 months later...
This exam is worthlessly simple. Get a simple crappy online qbank and do the questions once over while listening to music you enjoy about a week before the exam.

Make sure to not beat yourself up over answers or details. The exam is weird and kind of obtuse in some points.

Medical training in Canada is pretty good, and this exam is tailored so that the worse you do, the easier the questions get. So if you find it hard, you're doing well. If you find it easy, you're really smart;)

Seriously. Failure rate is 5%. Relax.

Does this advice apply to IMGs who have done all their clerkships in the UK and studied/written the usmle step 2 by the time they write the QE I?

• 4 months later...
I was wondering if UWorld qbank for step 2 is more relevant to MCCQE Part I or Uworld qbank for step3? Has anyone used Uworld to prepare for MCCQE Part I?

They're both pretty advanced and thorough. Uworld qbank step 3 is easier than the step 2 bank, and more relevant in my opinion.

Archived