Premed 101 Forums

Undergraduate work after completing Masters degree

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know how adcoms would consider undergraduate work that is completed after a Masters degree? For example, I know that U of Ottawa says they will not consider grades from any undergraduate work completed after graduate work in the calculation of your GPA.

My reason for asking is that I already have completed two undergraduate degrees (in 1996 and 1999) and a masters degree in 2003. I have recently decided that I would like to pursue medicine, but my undergraduate marks are not that competitive. I would be willing to consider going back to university to do another 2-3 years of undergraduate work in order to be able to apply to schools like Queens and Western that look primarily at your last 2 years, but I don't want to waste my time if these grades won't be considered.

I know the obvious answer would be to contact the schools I'm interested in applying to, but given the time of year and the likelihood of getting a response, I figured I'd ask you guys first.

Thanks,

CinnamonQueen

queen's will take your grad school gpa to calculate cutoffs as long as you meet the mcat cutoffs. if you're undergrad marks are not high enough, but your grad school gpa is good, and your mcat meets the cutoffs (approx. 30R), you should get something from queen's. western looks at your two best years (need to have 3.7 in each year w full course load) and a 30 mcat if you are OOP (lower if IP). Western will not look at grad school courses.

i am surprised that uottawa does not look at any undergrad after you have completed a grad degree. are you sure about this?

Archived