Premed 101 Forums

The Waiting Game - Counting Down to May 13

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Play world of warcraft. Seriously, It will consume your life until may 13th. If you prefer console gaming, consider the following:

dragon age: origins

Fallout 3

Oblivion

Starcraft 2 is my choice. Then Movies with friends as frequently as possible. During the day time I gotta work too. But my work is pretty chilling so I got time to worry about med school stuff....... (BTW I was unfortunately not considered for Western due to low VR...)

^ woot ANTM!!!

Jessica is soooo pretty..but I want Angelea to win! :D

I find this show incredibly hilarious. They cry over absolutely everything. It's also the show that allows me to have my wife watch shows like Lost with me. The one with giant caterpillars for eyebrows annoys me.

^ Raina lol.

And yeah the drama is incredible...But you do have to realize that winning the show is similar to a medical school acceptance. If you think about things that way, the crying and OH ***** YOU DIDN'T are totally understandable.

^ Raina lol.

And yeah the drama is incredible...But you do have to realize that winning the show is similar to a medical school acceptance. If you think about things that way, the crying and OH ***** YOU DIDN'T are totally understandable.

Yeah, but I don't see them drinking as much as I plan to be if I get in/don't get in. ;)

I'm only going to drink if I get in. But with class -- like a glass (or two) of wine...And then celebrating with whomever I happen to be around at the time.

...Maybe some somersaults on the carpet...and unrestrained yelling. :)

If I don't get in, I'll get over it. Focus on jobbing and make the best of things..

I'm only going to drink if I get in. But with class -- like a glass (or two) of wine...

Hold on?

So you're saying that I'm not classy because I plan to pound a couple 40s of Olde E/malt liquor? :P

...If I don't get in, I'll get over it. Focus on jobbing and make the best of things..

Good mindset! :)

if you are accepted, do u get email and snail mail? what about for WL?

If accepted, you are notified by email.

Last year, if accepted, the subject line was: "Good news from Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry‏".

I'm not sure about Waitlist, but I assume it's also by email.

Nothing was sent by snail mail last year. Everything was via email.

ADDENDUM: Got my email at 9:11AM last year.

If accepted, you are notified by email.

Last year, if accepted, the subject line was: "Good news from Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry‏".

I'm not sure about Waitlist, but I assume it's also by email.

Nothing was sent by snail mail last year. Everything was via email.

ADDENDUM: Got my email at 9:11AM last year.

So just to clarify, the only snail-mail you got from Western was after accepting. I'm assuming they send a package once you confirm their offer?

So just to clarify, the only snail-mail you got from Western was after accepting. I'm assuming they send a package once you confirm their offer?

No, nothing came via snail mail.

After accepting the offer, a "package" was emailed to us as a series of .pdfs.

There was no paper.

Faster that way I guess.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. These details aren't that relevant at this point. Just find a distraction to occupy yourself until the 13th!

I remember working/doing Dexter marathons this time last year.

Archived