Premed 101 Forums

Will you be here in 10 years?

So I was thinking...

The majority of the people that visit this site are either on their way, or are currently in Medical school. In 10 years from now(2020), everyone will be already done with their medical traning.. but will you still be here? Helping the next wave of pre-meds? Staying connected with the friends on this site? :) If not, when will you cut the connection?

(I'm pretty sure i'm gonna get one comment about how the world is going to end in 2012 or something Lol... )

So I was thinking...

The majority of the people that visit this site are either on their way, or are currently in Medical school. In 10 years from now(2020), everyone will be already done with their medical traning.. but will you still be here? Helping the next wave of pre-meds? Staying connected with the friends on this site? :)

(I'm pretty sure i'm gonna get one comment about how the world is going to end in 2012 or something Lol... )

maybe not 10, but i will be on here for a long time! i love it :)

It is unlikely that any of us will have the time and motivation then to devote the effort to this forum, although we should. We will no doubt be busy with our practices, our families, and pressing social issues outside our practices. However, I would hope there will always be contributors at every level particpating. This is a valuable and wonderful forum for us all.

In 10 years, the internet will be a thing of the past.

In 10 years, there will be "Beam me up Scotty!" :D

Also, in 10 years in all likely hood whatever you learned in med school shall have become stale and outdated for the most part - lifelong learning comes into plays to keep up with medicince, science, technology in terms of new knowledge and skills.

In 10 years, there will be "Beam me up Scotty!" :D

Also, in 10 years in all likely hood whatever you learned in med school shall have become stale and outdated for the most part - lifelong learning comes into plays to keep up with medicince, science, technology in terms of new knowledge and skills.

and there will be no distinction between "reality" and virtual "reality". People can live in either world and wage ineffective wars against each other, with the Fleshies wondering why anthrax doesnt kill the Virtuals, and the Virtuals wondering the same thing with their advanced computer viruses. Then the Borgs come.

and there will be no distinction between "reality" and virtual "reality". People can live in either world and wage ineffective wars against each other, with the Fleshies wondering why anthrax doesnt kill the Virtuals, and the Virtuals wondering the same thing with their advanced computer viruses. Then the Borgs come.

haha - good one! :D We are almost there today! :eek:

And those of us who do not get into med school, can attend the virtual med school, obtaining our degree, dealing witht both kionds of patients, until the Borgs come! :)

Archived