Premed 101 Forums

Western Interviews 2010

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought mine went okay. Not great, not horrible. Something I've really learned throughout this whole interview process is that you really just dont know. I may have thought that I did really well, when in fact I didn't. And the reverse is true as well. I often speak to dental students who think they bombed their interviews...and they obsiously made it thru.

So, if this thread is an attempt to gain a better understanding of where you stand...good luck haha.

When the acceptances go out, there will be many surprises. There always are. This forum will be flooded with posts of "I cant believe I got in!!" and "I can't believe I didn't."

eebee is right, I can't even compare the two interviews I have had...honestly there's no way to tell which was the better interview (and they were wildly different). If one can't even make a simple comparison like that I think all attempts to gauge one's performance from one's subjective impressions is futile.

I thought mine went okay. Not great, not horrible. Something I've really learned throughout this whole interview process is that you really just dont know. I may have thought that I did really well, when in fact I didn't. And the reverse is true as well. I often speak to dental students who think they bombed their interviews...and they obsiously made it thru.

So, if this thread is an attempt to gain a better understanding of where you stand...good luck haha.

When the acceptances go out, there will be many surprises. There always are. This forum will be flooded with posts of "I cant believe I got in!!" and "I can't believe I didn't."

agreeed 100%. I don't even know what to think anymore... and I have NO IDEA how I did.... it's impossible to tell. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see. good luck to y'all!

Ugh it went brutal for me.

One guy was more interested in his plans afterward than my answers (or maybe my responses were just that terrible), kept checking his watch multiple times, stopped me from talking further on one of the questions.......:( :(

The dental student hosts were very friendly though, thought it was one of the positives at western.

So quiet? Well here is what i thought. In terms of the interview, it was much much much more relaxed than the one at UT. the one at UT, they didnt crack a smile whereas the interviewers were all talkin n laughing the whole time i was talking and i didnt even say that many funny things. When i talked to others, they ALL said it went well so im judging it was a similar atmosphere. However, that can not predict how it went at all so im not gonna b too hopeful n b critical and also prepare for the worst.

On a unrelated note, UWO faculty impressed me quite positively. The campus was nicer than i remembered when i visited last time n the building was sooooo much bigger n just better than uoft...

overall, it was a fun n enjoyable exp. And it was nice to see some of u there!

Hmmmm at U of T the interviewers were much friendlier than Western surprisingly. I thought they were looking bored and at the same time nervous to be interviewing maybe???? Anyways I felt like there was a better rapport b/w me and the interviewers at U of T than Western. The Western ppl did laugh and nod and stuff, but that was towards the middle of the interview only, at the beginning it was so awkward and not much connection.

Ugh it went brutal for me.

One guy was more interested in his plans afterward than my answers (or maybe my responses were just that terrible), kept checking his watch multiple times, stopped me from talking further on one of the questions.......:( :(

The dental student hosts were very friendly though, thought it was one of the positives at western.

LOL Don't feel bad though, I had a similar experience, they all looked like they'd rather be somewhere else and like didn't really look at me...kept looking at their sheets. And one person had a cellphone? or pager? or something that kept flashing so it kinda made me feel like he had to go and I had to leave. LOL

I interviewed today, I thought it was a very friendly environment -as did many of you-. I didn't feel rushed or pressured into anything, I was pretty late in the day and was surprised by how "enthusiastic" and interested the interviewers were.

In general I thought the interview went very smoothly. I didn't have a problem communicating with them at all and we had a pretty comfortable conversation. However my one regret is that I feel like I forget key points in my answers. For example looking back I noticed I didn't offer long term solutions to my situations and I really hope my answers were good enough -though I can barely remember what I said!"

Lol I think I bombed my interview... I was way too nervous. I forgot to say a bunch of things in my answers, and I think I spent too much time talking about the situation rather than what I did... :mad: Well... there's always next year.

On another note, who's that guy who I was talking to after our interview at 10:45 (sat)? Goes to U of Ottawa, 4th year bio pharmaceuticals or something, if I remember correctly. Shoot me an email sometime!

What were the traditional questions for, and how did they affect the overall interview grading scheme?

i wonder if the traditional Qs have any impact on our score.... or if there's a separate score that gets added to our overall interview score... hmmm

uwo ALWAYS asks traditional Qs.... and every year, the majority of students seem to be getting the exact same Qs.... the purpose of traditional Qs is a mystery....

Archived