Premed 101 Forums

U of T waitlist movement

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha hopefully that'll make someone waiting for u of t happy, but I hope you're not letting UT go for western!

haha lol dentshopeful, you're waitlisted at Western dentistry, right? don't worry too much about it though, a lot of people from the waitlist get in every year...especially if you're on top third of the list...I'm also waitlisted at Western...wish both of us can make it to Western dentistry! Cheers

I emailed the admissions today and they said that #13 spots have moved so far! Boomer you should share the good news and congratulations to you! Keep it moving!!!!!!

That's good news! I was getting worried...

mazaag...you are getting really close now.

following threads from previous years...i feel there is a lot more activity on the forums..it could be that people are more aware of the waitlist and they are probably sympathetic with our cause...that is just a guess...but we should not be quickly fooled by the quick movement i think. That doesnt go without saying that overall hopefully it will be an above average year! Gluck to us all!

Hi guys,

I got in from the waitlist this morning! Great news! Feels fantastic!!!

I will be accepting.

I really hope everyone gets in and i'll see you all in class!

My stats are: just graduated 4 year bachelor degree, GPA ~3.8, RC 19 AA20 PAT 25. Interview went BAD...or so I thought. I think my PAT score got me in.

Good luck to everyone.

is that when the deposit is due?

my understanding is that, since dentdent accepted the offer, the movement has "stopped" now until a new accepted applicant requests in to drop his/her offer right?

well in that case, it may prob will be after aug 13, but man only 5 more to go! lol i can't imagine how anxious u may be feelin now...

I am going to decline my acceptance to U of T tomorrow, going to UWO instead. good luck to u all on the waiting list

hey bbbCAN! can i ask what ur reasons were for making that decision? just curious in case some miracle happens and i myself have to make the same decision lol :P

i remember u asking around here for easier to get marks at UWO, better for specializing etc was this the main reason?

or the money issue? does UofT also offer some kind of bursary that EVERYONE gets? not talkin about those that 1-2 students get.

just curious~~

In terms of marks, it appears to be easier to get higher marks at UWO, but that's not the only thing that counts when you wanna specialize. Some dentists/professors have told me that U of T has a better program but same number of people told me the same thing about UWO. So my conclusion is that both school are very very similar, plus you can only learn so much at dental school, apparently you learn a whole lot more in your first year of practice. U of T does sound more prestigious but that doesn't really matter once you become a dentist (unless you wanna specialize in the US maybe). So for me it came down to where I wanted to live and how I wanted to live the next 4 years. I am from London, so staying in London meant that I will be closer to my family and to all my friends here, so life will be a lot easier for me given that dental school is very hectic. Plus I would save a lot of money that I could use for other things (like car, vacations). I haven't heard about any significant bursaries that everyone gets at U of T, but at UWO there's a scholarship called Schulich Scholarship awarded to 3-4 people who show particular financial need (it's 10k per year!).

cheers

Archived