Premed 101 Forums

U of T waitlist movement

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Just another frustrated waitlister here.

Isn't this week supposed to be the one where most movements should occur? This thread has been awfully quiet compared to the previous years :(

are there any waitlisters still waiting for a spot out there?

are there anyone that was accepted thinking of dropping a spot soon? haha

sighs!!! This is so painful...

Hello everyone,

Just another frustrated waitlister here.

Isn't this week supposed to be the one where most movements should occur? This thread has been awfully quiet compared to the previous years :(

are there any waitlisters still waiting for a spot out there?

are there anyone that was accepted thinking of dropping a spot soon? haha

sighs!!! This is so painful...

Yesterday, it moved to 25 spots.

:)

DDS2014Hopeful...hmm i think this year the thread is a lot more lively than last year's! By August 18th only 20 were accepted and number 23 was only accepted on the 28th! So really 25 movements so far is not that bad...whats your position? I'm kind of projecting that it might move to the early 30s at the least...keep in mind that there will be movement at the end of this month and beginning of september!

I hate to admit but I think we have to add the 4 OOP spots that moved last year to that 23, no? So technically, that was 27 movements by 28th last year (and it makes sense because that indeed was the total movements that occured last year according to their site) and 20+3=23 movements by 18th...so I think this year is about the same as last year, maybe a tiny bit better I guess? Sighs...

My position is still pretty far away still, I give up! haha and when I asked them, they said it will move untill Sept 1...

I don't quite get it. If O-Week starts on the 31st. Registration is on Sept 1. And the 60% deposit of tuition is also due on Sept 1. Were we supposed to get the LOC -before- O-week? How's that enough time to get money for the 1st when we only get told about LOCs on the 31st?

Unless the 60% deposit isn't due right ON the registration date. Seems a bit last minute.

Someone please clear this up for me before I panic like crazy.

I don't quite get it. If O-Week starts on the 31st. Registration is on Sept 1. And the 60% deposit of tuition is also due on Sept 1. Were we supposed to get the LOC -before- O-week? How's that enough time to get money for the 1st when we only get told about LOCs on the 31st?

Unless the 60% deposit isn't due right ON the registration date. Seems a bit last minute.

Hi I don't know anything specific about U of T tuition payment but in general you can get a line of credit from a regular bank as soon as you have the acceptance letter. You don't have to wait for any guidelines/instructions/whatever from the school in order to secure the money for tuition.

Well if you need to resort to a LOC then that must mean you qualify for OSAP - if you get OSAP you can defer your payment in which case, you don't have to make any payments at all for the Sept 1 deadline.

Archived