Premed 101 Forums

Night before interview

Hey fantastic ladies and gents of premed,

For those who already went through this (or are about to), I have a question:

what did you end up doing the night before your interview? Part of me wants to keep studying up on differerent questions they might ask, but another part of me thinks that I should just relax and watch a movie or something. What worked for you?

Any comments would be appreciated. :)

Have a good afternoon!!!!

Noodle :)

Hey Noodle,

I was lucky to be interviewed around the time the olympics were on. The night before my interview, I watched the women's gold medal hockey game! Just relax and be confident in your ability to discuss yourself and your past... U of T really is a great place to interview. :)

Just relax and be confident in your ability to discuss yourself and your past...

I am interviewing for 3 (French speaking) med schools this coming Sunday. Saturday, I am at one of these universities in another city doing a psychological test and taking a tour of their facilities. I will drive to my home city and Saturday night, I intend to relax, watch a movie, go to bed early so I awake totally refreshed and ready to go. Best of luck to you! :)

I baked cupcakes (it was a friend's birthday on interview day). Do whatever helps you relax. If you'd feel better looking over prep Qs, do it for a bit and then call it a day. If it would stress you out further, take a day off :)

My interview was unexpected (it seems to be the exception to the relaxed/comfortable interviews everyone else seemed to have) so I don't think last minute prep would have helped me that much.

Good luck!

Some people were sad they were challenged and what not.

I felt mine was pretty friendly and conversational. I think I may have been challenged at some times but didn't recognize it and just kept going as if it was a regular question.

Overall I felt good about the interview... but so do most people.

Some people were sad they were challenged and what not.

I felt mine was pretty friendly and conversational. I think I may have been challenged at some times but didn't recognize it and just kept going as if it was a regular question.

Overall I felt good about the interview... but so do most people.

Good for you...great thing about these late interview dates: less than a month before decisions are out!

Good Luck! :)

Archived