Premed 101 Forums

Going from a Mac to a PC?!?! Yes I am.

Guest p0stman

Dell/Alienware are actually getting quite nice these days and the warranty/support service is pretty good. Check out the Alienware m11x 11.6" laptop which I think is under $1,000. It's customizable with i3-i7 cores and has a 1 gig graphic card and runs pretty much any modern game very well. When you're not gaming or anything on it you can toggle the graphics off and can get like 6 hours of battery on it. It's also pretty portable at the size and weight!

Dell/Alienware are actually getting quite nice these days and the warranty/support service is pretty good. Check out the Alienware m11x 11.6" laptop which I think is under $1,000. It's customizable with i3-i7 cores and has a 1 gig graphic card and runs pretty much any modern game very well. When you're not gaming or anything on it you can toggle the graphics off and can get like 6 hours of battery on it. It's also pretty portable at the size and weight!

Starcraft 2 LAN party anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I made my decision. I decided to order a Toshiba Tecra R700 (check it out at toshiba.ca, looks pretty slick; engadget review here: http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/12/toshiba-protege-r705-review/). Hardware was good, 3 year warranty was amazing, and price was right. Plus, I've heard Onenote is the best notetaking program ever, and its only on PC...so I had to go PC. We'll see how I like it, I get it next week, but my decision has been made (and it was NOT easy haha).

Archived