Premed 101 Forums

Final countdown!!!!

Star1234

I know your pain. I was rejected to multiple schools that uses the MMI interview format last year. But guess what? I said f*ck the MMIs and all the tips and rehearsed reasons why I want to be a doctor. Before my interview last year, my friends said, you'll do fine in the interview, just don't be yourself! (Usually I'm pretty direct when i'm talking and if people don't know me well enough, they'd think i'm pretty rude) But this year, I just went in and did it. So far, I've gotten into McGill, and not to jinx anything, I feel good about my other interviews as well. I think what Dansereau said before our interview is very true, just be yourself. Because you're most comfortable when you're your true self and it really shows. I think they don't want someone who is putting on a performance, or sounds way too suave because then, they can't properly assess who it is at the bottom of all that.

I don't know you, so I don't know about your personality. But what I do know is that getting into medicine is very competitive, 95% of the rejected applicants I've met are rejected simply because there just isn't enough space/ seats for them due to funding, politics etc etc. and NOT because they won't be fantastic doctors.

As for the feedback, from what I remember, he said he is willing to give feedbacks and you can book an appointment with him. But he won't give you specifics about the interview, ie. he can only say, well, you can improve your MCAT or GPA but he won't say, you screwed up station 8. I think he won't even have the interview score breakdown.

Hope this helps. Don't give up, and be confident that you have what it takes to be a great doctor!

I would like to click on ''like'' button (like facebook) on that answer :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived