Premed 101 Forums

Final countdown!!!!

Star1234

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hurried up and paid my deposit. Makes it feel less "unofficial." :P Congrats!

congrats to you too!

after you make the payment, and print off the receipt, where do you go within minerva to view your application or info? "Admission Application Status" no longer applies!

congrats to you too!

after you make the payment, and print off the receipt, where do you go within minerva to view your application or info? "Admission Application Status" no longer applies!

Uh oh, forgot to print the receipt after paying. hehe

Apparently we no longer have the applicant section, the new "student" section took it's place I guess.

Uh oh, forgot to print the receipt after paying. hehe

Apparently we no longer have the applicant section, the new "student" section took it's place I guess.

Hmm, well I don't see anything anywhere else but I guess it takes time!!

congrats to you too!

Student Menu

Registration Menu

Step 1: Check Your Registration Eligibility and Verify Your Curriculum

Fall2010

Then check your program! :D

I was talking about the email telling people that the letters won't be sent till the 11th. Can anyone post that please?

Oh.

"Dear Candidates,

I must regretfully state that we will be unable to have the decisions

letters released today at 5 p.m. as originally stated due to

uncontrollable delays. We anticipate the release of the official

decision letters on May 11th.

However, in keeping with the original disclaimer, I will have the

Minerva statuses updated this evening. Note that the decision

displayed on your Minerva account is considered UNOFFICIAL until

accompanied by an official letter. Those who have applied/been

interviewed to a joint program may not see an update today as we are

still waiting for certain information.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your

understanding.

Respectfully,

Michel Dansereau,

Admissions Officer."

Yes, I applied to the joint program, the MD-MBA program, but on the offer it wasn't very clear which program accepted me. It just said the program is MDCM& MBA, but I applied to both programs and i was told i have to be accepted to MDCM to be accepted to the MBA, so right now I'm a bit confused as it doesn't show anywhere that I was accepted to the MDCM program.

Yes, I applied to the joint program, the MD-MBA program, but on the offer it wasn't very clear which program accepted me. It just said the program is MDCM& MBA, but I applied to both programs and i was told i have to be accepted to MDCM to be accepted to the MBA, so right now I'm a bit confused as it doesn't show anywhere that I was accepted to the MDCM program.

When did you interview for the MBA portion?

Wailisted IP university applicant here :(

any ideas on how many people reject McGill's offer?

and till what time does the people who get accepted have to make up their minds?

thanks,

Unfortunately, I'm also a waitlisted IP applicant. I remember Dansereau saying that people can get their $500 deposit refunded until mid-June. So I have a feeling the list won't move until then.

Has anyone ever heard any rumours about how big the list is?

Also, once the official letters are sent next week, can those accepted let us know if it mentions how many IP were accepted? At the interview they said that some extra spots may be added to each university in Quebec by the government this year. I was wondering if that has already been granted, or if the waitlist may move a bit once these are added.

Thanks for any information!

I was rejected, something I expected.

I am considering reapplying but I am concerned that given how reliable the MMI is supposed to be for picking out suitable applicants, is there any way to actually improve my performance? Or is this an indication that I don't have the right personality and pursuing Medicine is not something I should attempt anymore?

I would appreciate any insight you all might have...The sting of rejection is bad enough, but now I'm also left wondering if I'm just not "good enough" personality wise.

Also, does anyone know if Dansereau gives feedback on interviews anymore given the format change?

I was rejected, something I expected.

I am considering reapplying but I am concerned that given how reliable the MMI is supposed to be for picking out suitable applicants, is there any way to actually improve my performance? Or is this an indication that I don't have the right personality and pursuing Medicine is not something I should attempt anymore?

I would appreciate any insight you all might have...The sting of rejection is bad enough, but now I'm also left wondering if I'm just not "good enough" personality wise.

Also, does anyone know if Dansereau gives feedback on interviews anymore given the format change?

I know your pain. I was rejected to multiple schools that uses the MMI interview format last year. But guess what? I said f*ck the MMIs and all the tips and rehearsed reasons why I want to be a doctor. Before my interview last year, my friends said, you'll do fine in the interview, just don't be yourself! (Usually I'm pretty direct when i'm talking and if people don't know me well enough, they'd think i'm pretty rude) But this year, I just went in and did it. So far, I've gotten into McGill, and not to jinx anything, I feel good about my other interviews as well. I think what Dansereau said before our interview is very true, just be yourself. Because you're most comfortable when you're your true self and it really shows. I think they don't want someone who is putting on a performance, or sounds way too suave because then, they can't properly assess who it is at the bottom of all that.

I don't know you, so I don't know about your personality. But what I do know is that getting into medicine is very competitive, 95% of the rejected applicants I've met are rejected simply because there just isn't enough space/ seats for them due to funding, politics etc etc. and NOT because they won't be fantastic doctors.

As for the feedback, from what I remember, he said he is willing to give feedbacks and you can book an appointment with him. But he won't give you specifics about the interview, ie. he can only say, well, you can improve your MCAT or GPA but he won't say, you screwed up station 8. I think he won't even have the interview score breakdown.

Hope this helps. Don't give up, and be confident that you have what it takes to be a great doctor!

Archived