Premed 101 Forums

UBC Family Medicine Elective Preceptors

I just got wait listed for all my UBC family med electives. WTF? The available listings are for somewhere on the Yukon border. Can anyone suggest a preceptor in Vancouver, Kelowna or Victoria which I can approach to set up an elective.

Thanks for the help!

Yeah I applied in Jan for an elective in Oct. They could have told me that they would all be filled by UBC students. Good thing my school reserves spots for out of province students so they have a place to go if needed. This should not be this hard, its family med electives! I cant even imagine the specialties!

September to December at UBC is notoriously hard to get electives. This is because this is when all the UBC students do their electives, and they get priority at UBC. I do know friends who have done UBC electives, but they applied very early and did not have the elective confirmed until very late.

Queens' students generally do their electives in the winter/spring of 3rd year so typically do not have trouble getting this date selection as it doesn't conflict with the UBC electives.

Archived