Premed 101 Forums

Number of years in undergrad

I understand you must have completed or finishing your degree in order to apply. My question is does it matter if I finish my degree within five years instead of four? the reason is I only took three credits in my first year and two credits in the following so those two years combine really makes up a one academic year. Apparently I need at least two five credits/full course load in order to apply, so my question is if I finish five years to receive the degree but within the five years i have at least two years of full course load, can I still apply? I know for Western that even you earned the undergrad degree you still can stay for one more year, but my is different where i need five years in order to receive my degree. So do they care how many years you study as an undergrad before you earned your degree? Thanks

I understand you must have completed or finishing your degree in order to apply. My question is does it matter if I finish my degree within five years instead of four? the reason is I only took three credits in my first year and two credits in the following so those two years combine really makes up a one academic year. Apparently I need at least two five credits/full course load in order to apply, so my question is if I finish five years to receive the degree but within the five years i have at least two years of full course load, can I still apply? I know for Western that even you earned the undergrad degree you still can stay for one more year, but my is different where i need five years in order to receive my degree. So do they care how many years you study as an undergrad before you earned your degree? Thanks

yes you can apply, they will consider only those years with 5.0 credits or more. They don't particularly care how long it takes to complete a particular degree :)

Archived