Premed 101 Forums

No right or wrong answer?

Guest MA2003

Guest MA2003

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board, but I have been voraciously reading everyone's posts. I was wondering about how our answers will be judged. Take, for example, the question about your view of the biggest health care issue in Canada. There are obviously dozens of possible answers, so what is being assessed: What you answer or How you answer? To clarify--what if you choose an issue that the interviewers don't feel is so critical (say, the amount of time doctors spend with each patient)? Will you still get full "points" for a well-reasoned, cogent, thoughtful explanation, or will you have hurt your chances for not being familiar with/not thinking of a more critical issue?

BTW, I'm interviewing at U of O on Mar. 18...anyone else having trouble sleeping at night?:rollin

Thanks!

Guest Tanya24

Hello MA2003,

I just interviewed at Ottawa this past weekend, and one of the interviewers opened the program by saying "we're going to be asking you some questions, obviously (we both chuckle), and I just want to let you know there are no right or wrong answers here." That was my experience, anyways. Good luck on the 18th and, no, you're definitely not the only one having some trouble sleeping. I'm experiencing the classic post-interview-kick-myself-in-the-a**-restlessness when I analyze some of my interview responses. Oh well, it's done. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tanya.

Guest MA2003

Hi Tanya,

Thanks so much for your response! I'm getting nervous, but I'm focusing on keeping busy and doing some serious introspection until the 18th. I'll let you know how it goes. Any other advice you can share from your experience this past weekend?

Guest Tanya24

Hi again MA2003,

It would be my pleasure to share any info which may help allay your concerns about the interview. It sounds like you're doing the right thing by "knowing yourself" well before the interview. That's probably the best piece of advice I could give. Check out the thread "interview experiences (in lieu of interview feedback)" on the Ottawa page to see what I (and others) have written about our experiences thus far. If you'd like to know anything else about my experience, feel free to post or email me privately (click on my user name). Good luck!! Tanya.

Archived