Premed 101 Forums

Queen's MCAT cut-off.

Yes, 3 years ago I believe.

I remember applying last year hoping it would go back to 9 and R like it was two years ago.

So I *think* 2007-2008 (9R), 2008-2009 (10Q), 2009-2010 (10R), 2010-2011 (???).

The 10R is the highest it's gone for verbal + WS combo for Queen's. Thing is, their emphasis has always been on a strong written component but not as much the verbal. I don't think they'll go 11 VR b/c that would mean sharing the same pool as Western or Mac.

Western showed us some drastic changes last year (all dropping and VR rising to a frigging 11) so Queen's shaking things up may happen. IMHO, if they do shake things up it will be verbal that drops.

If anything drops at all, wouldn't think they'd drop WS since that's their emphasis...and the sciences have nowhere to drop...they're like 9PS/10BS. So in this hypothetical (I really should stop wasting time), they'd drop verbal and raise any of PS/BS/GPA cutoffs. Raising both sciences a point would probably offset dropping verbal to a 9 and put the emphasis, some would argue, back on where it should be. Or, conversely, give ON residents who are stuck with a sub 10 VR an alternative option that Mac and Western really don't provide (I'm putting U/T aside here, they are much more holistic and difficult in a different way

*PS: HBP, did you end up moving out to Alberta to gain IP status? Just curious b/c I remember we were GPA twins at U/T this last cycle, hope it turns out better for you this time around!

lol Thanks for this analysis. I will cross my fingers and hope it comes true. I am also sitting at a 9 VR & R WS combination. I think your logic is sound, but who knows what will happen? Perhaps the 800 or so people who do manage these MCAT scores will (almost) all be accepted to Mac, Western, and Queens, and we'll just have to stick our tails between our legs and whine about it. The low VR screwed me for Western and Queen's last year, and I'm pretty sure it messed me up for Mac as well.

Archived