Premed 101 Forums

Does McGill consider your undergrad program when you apply?

azzurrifan87

I had heard Mcgill takes into account your major when you apply. How true is this? My reason for this is because I got an undergraduate GPA 0f 3.56 but it was in a tough program so I'm wondering if my GPA will work against me when I apply. I'm a Quebec resident and I have extracurriculars and everything. It's the marks that worry me though.

I had heard Mcgill takes into account your major when you apply. How true is this? My reason for this is because I got an undergraduate GPA 0f 3.56 but it was in a tough program so I'm wondering if my GPA will work against me when I apply. I'm a Quebec resident and I have extracurriculars and everything. It's the marks that worry me though.

Since their cut off is 3.5 you make the cut off but not by much. I'd say that you have a shot though.

No. whats program are you in, engineering?

If you speak French and can pass or avoid the French test, you have a better shot at Laval, Sherb and UDEM b/c the difficulty of your course of studies and how you did compared to your peers in your course of studies factors in.

Having said that, you definitely have a shot. What will be critical for you is to have stellar autobio answers. I had the entire package but McGill would not interview me and the reason they gave was they did not like one part of my Answer. Had that offending part not been there, I was led to believe I would have been interviewed.

I had a 3.54 when I applied. I was not in engineering and I got in. If everything else is strong you have a real shot.

• 2 months later...

Like the others have said, they don't care about the toughness of the program. Each major's level of difficulty is subjective. Engineering may be a piece of cake for some, anthropology may be tough for others. They just want to see if you can handle your undergrad courses extremely well, that's it.

Archived