Premed 101 Forums

Second Undergrad Length

I just double-checked with NOSM, they will not be including my transfer grades for my second degree at all. Only the new courses taken for the second degree will be calculated--and if I have enough to transfer and qualify for a second degree by only doing 1.5yrs (which I do), then that's fine. If you're a mature student and qualify for the 3yr degree, you only need to complete at least 1 year of full courses in the second degree to apply with the new GPA. So if I wanna do a full 3yr degree, fine, but if I wanna do 1.5yrs and transfer everything--still fine. They won't include the transfer credits.

That's a pretty sweet deal.

That's very nice. :) I have to do 2 years for my second degree, since I need to have 54 new credits as part of my second degree at U of Alberta. And at 3 credits per course per semester that's 30 credits per year, so 54 credits is two courses shy of 2 full years.

I'm just very delighted that yesterday I did get extra transfer credit so I don't have to redo things like first year chemistry or first year nutrition!

That's very nice. :) I have to do 2 years for my second degree, since I need to have 54 new credits as part of my second degree at U of Alberta. And at 3 credits per course per semester that's 30 credits per year, so 54 credits is two courses shy of 2 full years.

I'm just very delighted that yesterday I did get extra transfer credit so I don't have to redo things like first year chemistry or first year nutrition!

And, technically, we can do a Master's in place of the two years we knock off. Lol. Students forever.

Archived