Premed 101 Forums

Opting out dental/health plan

Hi. I was told you can opt out of dental/health plan if you have other private insurance. Do they check with the other private insurance company if you have coverage if you decide to opt out the regular dental/health plan?

They need you to supply your other health plan info before you opt out

It is good to have anyway, especially if you travel since it includes travel insurance and emergency dental work

They need you to supply your other health plan info before you opt out

It is good to have anyway, especially if you travel since it includes travel insurance and emergency dental work

If you give them expired health/dental plan info from a private company I had before do they check it? I just pay for these health plans but never use it. I rather save $500 and use it on food.

If you give them expired health/dental plan info from a private company I had before do they check it? I just pay for these health plans but never use it. I rather save $500 and use it on food.

Yea, I doubt they'd really verify it.

But it isn't $500 though, it's usually no more than $200.

Opt in health, or dental, or both?

Sigh, I have 2 cavities and am holding out 'til I try to get some coverage in Sept to fill these puppies. Dental will be the death of me and my bank account.

And this is prob just wishful thinking...but is there an opt-in optical plan at UWO?

Which school are we talking about here? Probably school specific.

Western is just now getting an opt in plan actually so no worries there for instance.

Opt in health, or dental, or both?

Sigh, I have 2 cavities and am holding out 'til I try to get some coverage in Sept to fill these puppies. Dental will be the death of me and my bank account.

And this is prob just wishful thinking...but is there an opt-in optical plan at UWO?

There is opt in dental plan now- I have been part of the group getting it set up for the fall. Start this Sept for the first time - just another example of the hippo council working hard for you!!! (end advertising) :)

There is a health plan already there though the USC

Archived