Premed 101 Forums

2010/2011 Applicant Discussion Thread

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! Haha, think I'm gonna submit today... I've been staring at the NAQ section for far too long... does everyone use up all of the characters? I think I still have 1800 or something like that left. :o

lol. can't wait to be done with this one - thankfully no personal statement.

I kind of wish there was an essay, without one, it seems even more arbitrary and difficult to get a high NAQ in my opinion... I missed the cutoff last year as a OOP by like 1 point, so I really hope the evaluation system hasn't changed too much..I'll be submitting today too!

I know that the essay is where we get a chance to shine and distinguish ourselves, but with the amount of lying/cheating/hiring professionals to write our statements I'm happy they removed it because it wasn't a reliable measure. We are all on more even ground now :)

I know that the essay is where we get a chance to shine and distinguish ourselves, but with the amount of lying/cheating/hiring professionals to write our statements I'm happy they removed it because it wasn't a reliable measure. We are all on more even ground now :)

True, I didn't think about that point. On the other hand, people can lie/cheat for their activities too, and it's easier to just make up an activity and a verifier then it is to write a thoughtful essay. But I guess you can't really hire someone to write your activities, unless you're really that desperate :|... My essay was really good though so blah :mad: now I feel I have nothing to really give me an edge.

True, I didn't think about that point. On the other hand, people can lie/cheat for their activities too, and it's easier to just make up an activity and a verifier then it is to write a thoughtful essay. But I guess you can't really hire someone to write your activities, unless you're really that desperate :|... My essay was really good though so blah :mad: now I feel I have nothing to really give me an edge.

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you, Addy. Oh well. Hopefully the rest of our application looks good enough under their new weighting scheme.

Good luck everyone

Everyone feels like their essay is their chance to shine... I think it was probably a big time-waster for everyone. :)

Good luck guys! I'll be an MMI examiner this year so you'll hopefully see at least one friendly face at the interviews. :)

That sounds really, reaaly fun! I really hope I can score one. This is my first year with the 10-yr rule applied to knock my bad marks from 1999 out- My GPA goes up by 9% when they get dropped.

I'm just waiting on some verifiers and rewriting a little bit. I need to add one more NA activity, and I have about 600 chars left. I'm sure I'll be down to zero chars left at the end.

Good luck guys! I'll be an MMI examiner this year so you'll hopefully see at least one friendly face at the interviews. :)

Glad to hear it moo. You'll have no idea who we are during the process and we won't know who you are, but now I'll just assume that every PG interviewer is a friendly face :)

Archived