Premed 101 Forums

Low-Tier American schools

dreamer

Hi,

Just wondering if someone had a list of low-tier American schools handy. I tried to access the lizzyM spreadsheet in one of the stickys, but the link is dead.

Besides Wayne State and RFU, what are the other low-tier schools that are Canadian friendly? I'm trying to compile a list of schools that I'll apply to next year and make sure my pre-reqs are in order for them.

Thanks

C'mon, no love? I searched but a lot of people apply have lists of the lower tier ones and middle tier ones and I can't really separate which is which. I've made / stolen this list so far. Any others that should be added for a hail-mary attempt at an American school?

Wayne State

EVMS

UMaryland

Rosalind Franklin

SUNY Upstate

NYMC

Jefferson

George Washington

St Louis

Stony Brook

Albany

University of Vermont

Wisconsin

U Conn

C'mon, no love? I searched but a lot of people apply have lists of the lower tier ones and middle tier ones and I can't really separate which is which. I've made / stolen this list so far. Any others that should be added for a hail-mary attempt at an American school?

Wayne State (low, Canadian Friendly but we are OOS)

EVMS (low, but Canadians are considered OOS, so if need higher stats)

UMaryland (low-mid)

Rosalind Franklin (low)

SUNY Upstate (low, but same as EVMS!)

NYMC (low)

Jefferson (low -mid)

George Washington (low)

St Louis (mid)

Stony Brook (mid)

Albany (do not apply if you are not us citizen or PR)

University of Vermont (do not know)

Wisconsin (mid)

U Conn

(mid)

Take my advice with a grain of salt. If you are applying next year, buy the MSAR book and try matching your stats with the median of the accepted ones. It would be really helpful if you can hold of this year's MSAR.

Additionally, as per MSAR,

Tulane (low, but I have a feeling they prefer more of their own undergrads)

Georgetown (mid)

Albany is only accepting from US citizens from this year on, so don't bother applying there. I think someone on the board had an issue when they applied to Stony Brook again cuz they were Canadian.

You could also add VCU, Georgetown, FIU and michigan maybe

Michigan is NOT low tiered (unless you mean Michigan State which has a MD school and a DO school). Neither is GT. Wisconsin is not low tiered either. MCoW, maybe, but definitely not Wisconsin.

Look at the US News rankings for research. Whatever is low tier is unofficially defined to be not on that list

The list stickied on this forum regarding schools accepting canadians is horribly inaccurate. Even from the list you provided, I am 100% sure U of Vermont does not accept Canadians. Others I have no knowledge in. You should spend some time and visit each school's website. They'll specifically mention whether canadians are welcomed or not. While it may take a bit of effort, it should be a good exercise.

Archived