Premed 101 Forums

10 year rule under review

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha me too. i just want to see something. i'm optimistic but at the same time i know i should be a realist.

no i don't think a second degree will benefit me because only my first year wasn't that great and i'm in my fourth year (doing a 5th year). anything that involves dropping would benefit me

haha me too. i just want to see something. i'm optimistic but at the same time i know i should be a realist.

no i don't think a second degree will benefit me because only my first year wasn't that great and i'm in my fourth year (doing a 5th year). anything that involves dropping would benefit me

it's interesting to note that the ubc med website no longer states the 10 year rule is under review...

in both the faqs and notes to applicants it just says that the 10 year rule is no longer available.

i'm still confident that the replacement will be a "drop x number of credits from your application if you have taken y number of credits provided the credits you drop are not from your pre-reqs".

it's interesting to note that the ubc med website no longer states the 10 year rule is under review...

in both the faqs and notes to applicants it just says that the 10 year rule is no longer available.

i'm still confident that the replacement will be a "drop x number of credits from your application if you have taken y number of credits provided the credits you drop are not from your pre-reqs".

Lost a track a bit of where they were in this process - so the ten year rule is gone but hasn't been replaced, but in terms of this year's applicants what are they doing? They are interviewing this month if I recall(?), so they must have used something to select interviewees etc :)

Lost a track a bit of where they were in this process - so the ten year rule is gone but hasn't been replaced, but in terms of this year's applicants what are they doing? They are interviewing this month if I recall(?), so they must have used something to select interviewees etc :)

Yeah it's still in effect this cycle rmorlean.

hk, what makes you so positive? why not drop lowest year like Alberta?

It's just a feeling I have. It fits more with the philosophy of the school. It would allow a greater diversity of applicants and it means that if someone has two bad years they won't be left with one of them pulling their AQ down. It's really just a hunch. Having your worst year dropped would also imply hitting a specific number of credits in that year, which Ubc doesn't have as a policy... So, dropping x credits for every y amount completed just seems to fit more parsimoniously with current philosophies.

Does that make sense?

It's just a feeling I have. It fits more with the philosophy of the school. It would allow a greater diversity of applicants and it means that if someone has two bad years they won't be left with one of them pulling their AQ down. It's really just a hunch. Having your worst year dropped would also imply hitting a specific number of credits in that year, which Ubc doesn't have as a policy... So, dropping x credits for every y amount completed just seems to fit more parsimoniously with current philosophies.

Does that make sense?

Does that make sense?

Archived