Premed 101 Forums

Grad Applicants!!

Guest mtws

Has anyone received their letter yet? I got one from UofT reminding me to send in "proof of research productivity", has UofO sent this letter out yet? Should we wait to get it or just send our stuff in now. (Last year they asked around this time if I remember correctly). I'm probably a little anxious!?

Merry Christmas everyone.

M

Guest MayFlower1

Hey MTWS...

...long time no hear! How are things? I see you've re-applied this year...good for you. I have a good feeling for you this year.

Merry Christmas...I hope you and your family have a safe, happy and restful holiday.

Your friend,

Pete

Thanks,

You too.

If it doesn't happen this year, I just don't know what else I can do!! If I could go back to undergrad and get straight A+'s, I would. That's just not an option, you know. Fingers crossed for both of us.

M

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there mtws,

I too, received my UofT letter, but zippo from Ottawa. Mind you, I wasn't expecting one since I've never applied there before and was unaware that they sent out something similar to that of UofT. Do you mind if I ask what sorts of things Ottawa requests in their letter--is it similar to the items requested by UofT, e.g., CV, additional reference letters, articles...? Also, does Ottawa generally send this letter out prior to making their first cut from the graduate applicant pool, or like UofT, do they wait until all the information is received and then start chopping graduate applicants?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Merry Christmas. What a day. The baby woke at 5AM...yawn.

My understanding is... They first check to ensure you have greater than 3.30 in your undergrad, then check if you got straight "A's" in grad school (a single A- or less and you're cut). Then they send out the letter to request the info. (That basically answers my original question for me - they will take some time to do this. And I checked - Last year's letter is dated Feb 11th 2002 - I really should just relax. This is my year, I'm sure of it!!!)

Same stuff as UofT. I sent basically the same package to both schools with minor changes to the CV and cover letter and was invited for interviews at both schools. (And somehow blew both interviews?! What a weeny!)

Hope that helps.

Merry Christmas

M

Archived