Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites!!

Hey guys,

Just checked my email and I received an email from admissions at 3 mst, and I did not receive an interview...

Of course I'm bummed, and I haven't checked the whole thread yet to see if anyone else received an email.

I'm OOP so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Good luck to the rest of you!

I'm sorry amh :( , good luck with the rest of your applications.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys,

Just checked my email and I received an email from admissions at 3 mst, and I did not receive an interview...

Of course I'm bummed, and I haven't checked the whole thread yet to see if anyone else received an email.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be receiving an interview :(

Was it a regret or was it a disqualification?

amh- sorry to hear that about not receiving an interview. we've only seen one other person who had a friend receive an email...

good luck with the rest of your applications (if you have them)!

Thanks hking,

I'm really hoping for UofA or UofC so I'm bummed but I still have other possibilities. I do appreciate that UBC notifies us of interviews early as well as interviews earlier, it really helps with waiting. I'm glad I know now since on Sunday I'm off to Mexico (no not where the explosion was) for my honeymoon, so at least this won't be weighing on my mind. :)

Thanks hking,

I'm really hoping for UofA or UofC so I'm bummed but I still have other possibilities. I do appreciate that UBC notifies us of interviews early as well as interviews earlier, it really helps with waiting. I'm glad I know now since on Sunday I'm off to Mexico (no not where the explosion was) for my honeymoon, so at least this won't be weighing on my mind. :)

enjoy your honeymoon!

both of those are great schools and u of c is a 3 yr program so it may work out in your favor if you get in there!

again, good luck and enjoy yourself down in mexico...

Currently 3:54 PST, OOP

Mediocre GPA prolly not competitive enough for an interview, EC = crossing my fingers and desperately hoping that it is good enough

No email yet,,,,,,, so far suspense

My last name starts between M~R so if they are giving invietes in reverse-alphabetical order and the above OP with the last name S got a rejection,................. mine may arrive soon??

Anyone else, In province or OOPers with last name range btwn M~R received an itnerview yet???

Crap,,, should start on my paper now, but can't focus. Fortunately, PM101 helped me survive through this horrible animal handling lab orientation course this morning (by maknig me refresh PM101 and email account every 10 mins) but now I should maybe log off???

Do you guys think UBC admin will send out more invites/regrets today???

Any in provinces received rejections yet???

As crappy as it is that we are waiting on pins and needles for a response I think we should show gratitude that:

1) This is electronic, we aren't running to the mail box down the road every 10 minutes

2) UBC lets students know interview status months before most schools (barring Dal)

3) Even though the date range seems daunting, rather than blowing their date and leaving us wondering if we were missed we have something to go on

4) Although they released stats early which has been viewed by some as unprofessional, they do release us a lot of stats for us to look for comfort in.

waiting is uncomfortable at best, but I'd rather they are careful about releasing rather than rushed with mistakes right?

What I'm trying to say is, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Seems like the e-mails are going out at the top of the hour.

And since there are no clear cut trends with regards to last names and disqualification and rejection, I imagine that the earlier they reviewed your file, the earlier you will be notified.

I think they have everyone's file reviewed but for the sake of keeping peace at their offices, they choose to let these e-mails out one tiny batch at a time.

- Lupe

I just got accepted without an interview because they realized how awesome I am.

bhahaha

since I have not received an official regret email, I shall assume that I will be waiting for my UBC acceptance email anytime soon too :)

IT's 4:02 p.m. PST now.... exactly 28 mins until admissions office closes.

By the way, does everyone's OAS show any changes? I still don't even have the "Status updated" tab showing up. I can still see last year's linnk to rejection, but that's about it

Also, if anyone here ever hears about themselves/anyone, please keep the thread rolling!!!

As crappy as it is that we are waiting on pins and needles for a response I think we should show gratitude that:

1) This is electronic, we aren't running to the mail box down the road every 10 minutes

2) UBC lets students know interview status months before most schools (barring Dal)

3) Even though the date range seems daunting, rather than blowing their date and leaving us wondering if we were missed we have something to go on

4) Although they released stats early which has been viewed by some as unprofessional, they do release us a lot of stats for us to look for comfort in.

waiting is uncomfortable at best, but I'd rather they are careful about releasing rather than rushed with mistakes right?

What I'm trying to say is, good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

I'd prefer a time without emails, and everything by snail mail. At least then, you know that the mail only comes once a day.

I just had a number with the same root at UBC Medicine call my cell phone...

I picked it up and it was the vancouver canadians offering me some tickets- hahaha wow was i stressed!

Oh my... that would have given me a heart attack!

Just so you all know, the title of the email was "Application Status" and it was from admissionsmd.portal

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear this amh.

Do they tell you your AQ/NAQ scores in the email? I'm going to start looking at my UBC application as: objective analysis of NAQ = $175, rather than a potential chance at medical school.

OOP is tough.

Sorry to hear this amh.

Do they tell you your AQ/NAQ scores in the email? I'm going to start looking at my UBC application as: objective analysis of NAQ = $175, rather than a potential chance at medical school.

OOP is tough.

i think subjective analysis would be a better way to interpret the results :P

Archived