Premed 101 Forums

2011 Interview Discussion

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt we have heard the last of invites. I bet the system still has glitches and Queen's wants to make sure that double e-mails are not sent again. I can mention that in the e-mail I got, Queen's has stated that we are to sign up for interview spots on Jan. 31st. So, more replies must go out soon.

What makes you think they're going to stick to that deadline?

Hey guys, I guess this would relieve the paranoia some of you like myself are experiancing; I just got a hold of admissions and was told that she doesn't know when the rest of the e-mails will be sent, but just b/c we didn't hear anything from them doesn't mean a rejection.

Hey guys, I guess this would relieve the paranoia some of you like myself are experiancing; I just got a hold of admissions and was told that she doesn't know when the rest of the e-mails will be sent, but just b/c we didn't hear anything from them doesn't mean a rejection.

I managed to get through to them too...about an hour ago. She took my name down and told me I should hear from them "shortly".

I'VE GOT NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. My Gpa is 3.82 and MCAT is 12/13/9 R. I think I meet their cutoffs, and as others have said, there were only ~50 reported interviews on the forum. Assuming they're going to hold several hundred interviews, it doesn't make sense that all the acceptances were sent today. I would also be more inclined to agree with you if there wasn't a major screw up with the mailing system. They could simply be trying to fix it and re-attempt it in the next few days. (I also know that not every applicant reads this forum, but I still think that more people will be accepted in the next couple of days).

Is the concensus feeling that if you didn't get an invite today then you likely won't? Are rejections all that didn't get sent today.

Word from Admissions in that there are still invites to go out. Besides many people make the (admittedly guessed at) cutoff that still haven't heard anything.

IMO, 50 interviewees posting on premed101 is a BIG number. McMaster may have had a higher amount of people posting but they have the most applicants by FAR.

I feel that all the interview invitations that have been sent are the only ones that should have been sent. I wish this wasn't the case as I didn't get an interview but I'm trying to be realistic. Obviously, I could be wrong...

EDIT: I guess I was wrong =P

Archived